E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

*video* 535dA acceleration from a standstill

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 04:02 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Sport Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Media Package, Bluetooth, Bi-xenon headlamps, adaptive headlamps, auto dimming interior mirror, heated folding door mirrors, electric front seats with drivers memory, heated front seats, extended light package, sun protection glass, electrically adjustable steering column, automatic air conditioning.

Originally Posted by JayEll' post='206043' date='Dec 2 2005, 12:51 PM
using my stopwatch i consistantly record 5.8s ...

sounds good too.

Merv .. recently had a service for my DMS 545, and no detection fella. best ?900 ish you'll spend.
Got mine booked on the 13th, can't wait!
Old 12-06-2005, 03:22 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' post='205691
Originally Posted by Fin535dA' post='205330' date='Nov 30 2005, 09:11 PM
Merv: I really can't say for sure.. I guess it would just be better to let DS handle the shifting. I think that's what BMW meant it to be: fastest in 0-100 km/h. I personally like to keep it on DS, using Manual mode mainly when approaching stoplights.

I really can't remember if I can break 100 in second.. Have to try that one out. In manual mode it can't downshift from third to second while driving more than 60 km/h or so, though. It does rev a bit higher in acceleration.

I can't remember.. Was it you Merv who had DMS chip installed?
I have had my '05 535D Sport remapped by DMS. Had it done about 3 months ago.

I thought it was quick as standard, but now it has been remapped, it is just amazing - really amazing.

Whilst I would accept that ?800 is a fair wedge for a car that already makes most others wither in its tracks, when you have driven a remapped car, it just doesnt matter. Every gear now is just more thrust down the road. The only problem being a distinct lack of grip - particularly in the wet, which can get interesting.

Go and have a drive of the DMS demonstrator, but be ready to part with your cash!
Chris,

Would your dealer be able tell if the car is remapped? Where exactly is the power difference in the rev range? Is it higher up, lower or evenly spread across?
[/quote]

Apparently the only way they can tell is if they send the ecu back to Germany.

My mate that works at the dealer says they have no way of telling either - other than driving it that is

The extra power is right across they range. It picks up better, had better throttle response and is just much faster all round.

Basically, take your car, and increase everything by 10% plus and you have it.

I thought you were fairly local to me - if you want a spin, then I am sure we could sort it out - I'm close to Solihull.

Chris
Old 12-06-2005, 04:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: –

Mmm.. The DMS tuning sounds good! We might consider buying one in our car somewhere in the future To get one would be have to drive all the way to England? Doesn't sound very tempting to me, as we live in Finland

Oh and, about the price. It's 800 quid, right?
Old 12-06-2005, 04:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

nice nice
Old 12-06-2005, 06:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Nice movie!!
Old 12-07-2005, 12:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by Chris535D' post='207858
Originally Posted by Chris535D' post='205658' date='Dec 1 2005, 10:16 AM
[quote name='Fin535dA' post='205330' date='Nov 30 2005, 09:11 PM']
Merv: I really can't say for sure.. I guess it would just be better to let DS handle the shifting. I think that's what BMW meant it to be: fastest in 0-100 km/h. I personally like to keep it on DS, using Manual mode mainly when approaching stoplights.

I really can't remember if I can break 100 in second.. Have to try that one out. In manual mode it can't downshift from third to second while driving more than 60 km/h or so, though. It does rev a bit higher in acceleration.

I can't remember.. Was it you Merv who had DMS chip installed?
I have had my '05 535D Sport remapped by DMS. Had it done about 3 months ago.

I thought it was quick as standard, but now it has been remapped, it is just amazing - really amazing.

Whilst I would accept that ?800 is a fair wedge for a car that already makes most others wither in its tracks, when you have driven a remapped car, it just doesnt matter. Every gear now is just more thrust down the road. The only problem being a distinct lack of grip - particularly in the wet, which can get interesting.

Go and have a drive of the DMS demonstrator, but be ready to part with your cash!
Chris,

Would your dealer be able tell if the car is remapped? Where exactly is the power difference in the rev range? Is it higher up, lower or evenly spread across?
[/quote]

Apparently the only way they can tell is if they send the ecu back to Germany.

My mate that works at the dealer says they have no way of telling either - other than driving it that is

The extra power is right across they range. It picks up better, had better throttle response and is just much faster all round.

Basically, take your car, and increase everything by 10% plus and you have it.

I thought you were fairly local to me - if you want a spin, then I am sure we could sort it out - I'm close to Solihull.

Chris
[/quote]

Sounds like a good buy Chris. I'll certainly give it some serious thought and thanks for the offer of a spin in yours.