E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

*video* 535dA acceleration from a standstill

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 08:51 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: –

Hi!

This is nothing special, I just wanted to share this with you.

A zero-to-something run, didn't push it all the way to the limit, though, and I was using the Manual mode, too, so it's not too shabby..

Anyways, here goes

535dA acceleration from a standstill
Old 11-30-2005, 10:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530d High Executive

little over 6 secs, nice
Old 11-30-2005, 11:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Great video! The noise is great too - you can't detect any noise normally associated with diesel cars or to be fair 4 cylinder diesel engines. Having had 8k miles experience with the 535d I have often wondered where the best gear change up point is on the rev counter to get the best performance from the car. Having previously had the 530d single turbo I would say you want to change up before the car hits max revs to take advantage of the torque lower down, however, with the 535 it does pull all the way to max revs so could you have got to 100km/h quicker going up to the max or was it better the way you did it?

I noticed you changed gear twice before 100 but I'm sure you can get over 100 in second gear? Maybe.

I must try mine out and see!
Old 11-30-2005, 12:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: –

Merv: I really can't say for sure.. I guess it would just be better to let DS handle the shifting. I think that's what BMW meant it to be: fastest in 0-100 km/h. I personally like to keep it on DS, using Manual mode mainly when approaching stoplights.

I really can't remember if I can break 100 in second.. Have to try that one out. In manual mode it can't downshift from third to second while driving more than 60 km/h or so, though. It does rev a bit higher in acceleration.

I can't remember.. Was it you Merv who had DMS chip installed?
Old 11-30-2005, 01:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Fin535dA' post='205330' date='Nov 30 2005, 04:11 PM
Merv: I really can't say for sure.. I guess it would just be better to let DS handle the shifting. I think that's what BMW meant it to be: fastest in 0-100 km/h. I personally like to keep it on DS, using Manual mode mainly when approaching stoplights.

I really can't remember if I can break 100 in second.. Have to try that one out. In manual mode it can't downshift from third to second while driving more than 60 km/h or so, though. It does rev a bit higher in acceleration.

No mines standard and to be honest I'm more than happy with the performance.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Fin535dA' post='205330' date='Nov 30 2005, 09:11 PM

I have had my '05 535D Sport remapped by DMS. Had it done about 3 months ago.

I thought it was quick as standard, but now it has been remapped, it is just amazing - really amazing.

Whilst I would accept that ?800 is a fair wedge for a car that already makes most others wither in its tracks, when you have driven a remapped car, it just doesnt matter. Every gear now is just more thrust down the road. The only problem being a distinct lack of grip - particularly in the wet, which can get interesting.

Go and have a drive of the DMS demonstrator, but be ready to part with your cash!
Old 12-01-2005, 07:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Chris535D' post='205658

I have had my '05 535D Sport remapped by DMS. Had it done about 3 months ago.

I thought it was quick as standard, but now it has been remapped, it is just amazing - really amazing.

Whilst I would accept that ?800 is a fair wedge for a car that already makes most others wither in its tracks, when you have driven a remapped car, it just doesnt matter. Every gear now is just more thrust down the road. The only problem being a distinct lack of grip - particularly in the wet, which can get interesting.

Go and have a drive of the DMS demonstrator, but be ready to part with your cash!
[/quote]

Chris,

Would your dealer be able tell if the car is remapped? Where exactly is the power difference in the rev range? Is it higher up, lower or evenly spread across?
Old 12-02-2005, 12:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d (4/05) M Sport, Carbon black, Black dakota leather, Sport seats, Xenon, Navi prof, Hi-fi pack, AS, BT, PDC, Sunroof

Originally Posted by Ralph-NL' post='205284' date='Nov 30 2005, 09:17 PM
little over 6 secs, nice
well under six secs according to my stopwatch. congrats
Old 12-02-2005, 01:09 AM
Contributors

Yes its the Dogs Bo**ocks isn't it. What a car
Old 12-02-2005, 03:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

using my stopwatch i consistantly record 5.8s ...

sounds good too.

Merv .. recently had a service for my DMS 545, and no detection fella. best ?900 ish you'll spend.

Quick Reply: *video* 535dA acceleration from a standstill