E39 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E39 (1997 - 2003) 5 series!

CIC vs. CCC vs. Leave it alone?? (want your opinion!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 07:26 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CIC vs. CCC vs. Leave it alone?? (want your opinion!)

Hey everyone -

I need some opinions here. I've been going back and forth in my head about what to do. I really don't care for my smaller 6' screen, without navi and no iPod connection in my new (to me) 2006 550i I just bought.

So I've been looking at the CCC retrofit and the CIC retrofit options. I love how the CIC looks, but it is obviously much more expensive. That said, I am on the fence about whether or not it's worth it.

Plus I'm really worried about any electrical repairs or problems I might run in to and having to deal with BMW after having done one of these retrofits. I only have a 3rd party warranty already, instead of a BMW warranty, so I'm apprehensive to make any electrical changes that could cause problems.

I know many of yous guys have either thought about it or already completed a retrofit, so you must have gone through the same thing I'm going through.. Any advice/thoughts/opinions are greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Jayarr85; 01-17-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:36 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e39

Originally Posted by Jayarr85
Hey everyone -

I need some opinions here. I've been going back and forth in my head about what to do. I really don't care for my smaller 6' screen, without navi and no iPod connection in my new (to me) 2006 550i I just bought.

So I've been looking at the CCC retrofit and the CIC retrofit options. I love how the CIC looks, but it is obviously much more expensive. That said, I am on the fence about whether or not it's worth it.

Plus I'm really worried about any electrical repairs or problems I might run in to and having to deal with BMW after having done one of these retrofits. I only have a 3rd party warranty already, instead of a BMW warranty, so I'm apprehensive to make any electrical changes that could cause problems.

I know many of yous guys have either thought about it or already completed a retrofit, so you must have gone through the same thing I'm going through.. Any advice/thoughts/opinions are greatly appreciated!
CCC is cheaper as you know. Easy enough to do, takes about 2h. No slicing involved. You need the correct parts that's all.
You will ideally need to get the car coded too, this can be done remotely. Without coding the car/satnav/music will work, but if you have heating seats for example, and the CCC comes from a car that did not have it, it won't appear on the iDrive menu. Hence the coding.
Plenty of threads floating around with the details.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Decide how long you intend keeping the car. If 3 or more years CIC if less then CCC.