DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

what is this at the side of my glovebox wiring loom

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Without having any concrete proof, I'm thinking the same thing -- it's a loose connection for either diagnostics or some other accessory.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

OK Never mind what this is but where does it fit/clip. It cant be loose behind the glovebox like that. Looking at the side or it is seems to be able to snap into something that has broken off so now the place where it attached has come away with the part and thats hanging. If there is a picture that someone can post or find here that shows the glovebox after it has been removed maybe I'll get a clue from that. The closest I got was from Hobi's Custom audio installation but in that picture the third wire is hidden on the side of the glovebox.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 640D MSPORT GT

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='391115' date='Feb 13 2007, 07:53 PM
OK Never mind what this is but where does it fit/clip. It cant be loose behind the glovebox like that. Looking at the side or it is seems to be able to snap into something that has broken off so now the place where it attached has come away with the part and thats hanging. If there is a picture that someone can post or find here that shows the glovebox after it has been removed maybe I'll get a clue from that. The closest I got was from Hobi's Custom audio installation but in that picture the third wire is hidden on the side of the glovebox.
there is a plastic lug on the recess point where the torch charger fits it clips slides into that.from memory follow the lay of the cable and you will locate position as it retains loom shape when clipped for position.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Will try and look to see where this can be connector.

? still unanswered.
2. Where are the rear cigar sockets lights connected to. I don't want to connect them directly to the 12v because it will be on all the time and also won't dim with the other interior lights.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 640D MSPORT GT

JUST A FOLLOW ON .this is where you connect the lighter/power socket in a 2006/7 e60.green/white wires are the socket wires.
Attached Thumbnails what is this at the side of my glovebox wiring loom-e60new_013.jpg  
Old 03-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 650 Convertible, Executive package

I have the same connector. But mine is not loose. I actually found it under the cover in the ceiling of a glove box. The cover is flat and you cannot see it unless you stand on your knees and look at the ceiling from below. The lock for the cover looks like those on remote controls - you press the lock and the cover opens down.

I would really like to find what it is. As my dealership offers IPOD connector installed for $550. I have CD-changer but it is so inconvenient to use. I have to guess where it is when sliding cartridge back into the changer.

Unfortunately I coudn't fins any IPOD adaptor for E64 on ebay or elsewhere.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:36 PM
Contributors

Thanks for this. One question when you refer to ceiling of the glove box are you referring to the ceiling of the space where the glovebox goes or the glovebox itself. i.e. is this window in the glovebox top where the light is located? Can you attach a photo?
Old 03-02-2007, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='397490' date='Mar 2 2007, 03:36 AM
Thanks for this. One question when you refer to ceiling of the glove box are you referring to the ceiling of the space where the glovebox goes or the glovebox itself. i.e. is this window in the glovebox top where the light is located? Can you attach a photo?
Please help our friend Bruce with this...I don't think he's been sleeping very well...
Old 03-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 650 Convertible, Executive package

Here you are.
Attached Thumbnails what is this at the side of my glovebox wiring loom-img_0004.jpg   what is this at the side of my glovebox wiring loom-img_0006.jpg  
Old 03-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Contributors

Thank you very much. Now I SLEEP, unless ofcourse when I go out now and don't find that window in my glovebox :-)

Quick Reply: what is this at the side of my glovebox wiring loom