DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Wanna know how to upgrade to LCI Headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry guys I've been busy. First off I don't think I can get any pictures but I can try and secondly like one of the member said, there is a lot of work and money you have to spend. To start off, does anyone have questions about it?
Old 06-04-2010, 04:59 AM
Members

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the LCI headlights:
I currently have a 2005 E60 with Xenon (no HUD) that I would like to upgrade to AHL LCI Lights. I know I will need a new LCM and the lights+cables. But would I need anything else to get from Xenon to LCI AHL Xenon? Anyone ever done this?

regards,
Joost
Old 06-04-2010, 06:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

what does it take to get an adaptive xenon pre-lci car to use adaptive LCI xenons, parts and price wise?
Old 06-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 530DA Individual shadowline -04 Blue onyx sonderlack Toyota Supra m/t mit single

I also made LCI update for headlights. From bi-xenon (2004 model). And without the LCM-module change or software changes.
It is possible as I suspected from day 1.
Rear lights are working fine too. Next maybe putting those angels, eyebrovs and rear leds illuminate when unlocking the car. I have light-package so this is kind of a piece of cake.

Costs for front upgrade besides lights themselves and retrofit cable set from dealer, ~20?.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 530DA Individual shadowline -04 Blue onyx sonderlack Toyota Supra m/t mit single

Originally Posted by 545felix
what does it take to get an adaptive xenon pre-lci car to use adaptive LCI xenons, parts and price wise?
Lights, bulbs etc. cable-set from dealer, uncoded adaption modules x2, little bit of work and for no-advanced users the LCM.
Hard to say about prices, maybe from 500$ to 4000$ depending how much you do yourself and what you have to change. For example what type of xenon bulbs you now have.. For me it came to cost somewhere near 700-800? including both front and rear. I did every installation by myself. Took couple of days. Now I would do same in less than a day I think. Of course it took some time to think for the connections and stuff, because I did not change the LCM.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i Alpine White, Black inside,Sport Package, M Tech kit, SMG, Navigation, Cold weather package

Originally Posted by viktor
Lights, bulbs etc. cable-set from dealer, uncoded adaption modules x2, little bit of work and for no-advanced users the LCM.
Hard to say about prices, maybe from 500$ to 4000$ depending how much you do yourself and what you have to change. For example what type of xenon bulbs you now have.. For me it came to cost somewhere near 700-800? including both front and rear. I did every installation by myself. Took couple of days. Now I would do same in less than a day I think. Of course it took some time to think for the connections and stuff, because I did not change the LCM.
Do your angel eyes stay on all the time?
Old 06-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Members

Originally Posted by uskg76
Do your angel eyes stay on all the time?
What do you mean with all the time? The intensity of the angel eyes wont change if thats what you ask.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i Alpine White, Black inside,Sport Package, M Tech kit, SMG, Navigation, Cold weather package

What do you mean with all the time? The intensity of the angel eyes wont change if thats what you ask.
When I did lights I did not change the LCM and the angel eyes stayed on only for 5 seconds then I had to change and program LCM
Old 06-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Members

Originally Posted by uskg76
When I did lights I did not change the LCM and the angel eyes stayed on only for 5 seconds then I had to change and program LCM
Now it clears out. You had "wrong" sized bulbs. pre-LCI has 10W for AE's and LCI has 35W H8. Thats why the LCM shuts down the bulbs, it thinks there is an error. But when you tell the LCM everything is fine, then it keeps the angels on.

Easier way to go is ofcourse to change and code in the new LCM and I recommend that to most, but it's doable otherwise, and to find out that, was the point why I wanted to do things littlebit different.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:28 AM
Members

Now it clears out. You had "wrong" sized bulbs. pre-LCI has 10W for AE's and LCI has 35W H8. Thats why the LCM shuts down the bulbs, it thinks there is an error. But when you tell the LCM everything is fine, then it keeps the angels on.

Easier way to go is ofcourse to change and code in the new LCM and I recommend that to most, but it's doable otherwise, and to find out that, was the point why I wanted to do things littlebit different.
how did you get the angle eyes to stay on with out coding the lcm.. is there any way to do it with out the new lcm.. i have a new uncoded lcm also but it turns off the eyebrow lights

Quick Reply: Wanna know how to upgrade to LCI Headlights?