DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

SSS Progman - Parts number and fail problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 12:31 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Please see attachments I did install a sat nav pro CCC unit to replace my normal non-satnav verion.

im getting the following errors, shall I just go ahead and try to prgramme using non-retrofit?

YOUR ADVICE GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Attached Thumbnails SSS Progman - Parts number and fail problems-1.jpg   SSS Progman - Parts number and fail problems-2.png   SSS Progman - Parts number and fail problems-3.png   SSS Progman - Parts number and fail problems-4.png   SSS Progman - Parts number and fail problems-5.png  

Old 03-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Members

Also now im trying to install heated seats from a 2009 M LCI to a 2006 non LCI, hence trying coding.

If I can get away with just coding the seats im happy with that, any one know what modules I will need to programme, the heated buttond are fitted in the DTC/Parking sensor module in the dash below the CCC.

THANKS!
Old 03-31-2012, 12:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

i tried using progman to code my retrofitted lci lights, but i got similar errors as you.
i ended up using ncsexpert and it worked like a charm, after i updated to the latest daten files.
i'm guessing you would just go to ncsexpert, add the heated seat option to the VO, and then recode the related modules.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:39 AM
Members

Dont have ncsexpert. Any one know if i can use progman sss for this?
Old 04-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by wokingBigBoy
Dont have ncsexpert. Any one know if i can use progman sss for this?
you might as well get started then...
http://www.bmwcoding.com/showthread....oding-your-car
Old 04-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by turboawd
you might as well get started then...
http://www.bmwcoding.com/showthread....oding-your-car
Thanks - cant access the docs, admin has not given me access....
Old 04-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

I can tell from the screenshots above you are using the tool incorrectly. You can easily use Progman for this but first I assume you need to update your vehicle status to that of progman and make sure all modules are up to date and clearing the error memory before entering in the retrofit section. You're going the long way of doing this but more correct dealer type of way. But I assume you do not have an OP(P)S head right?
Those part numbers are related to the software status in Progman. You will also call them ZB numbers.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
I can tell from the screenshots above you are using the tool incorrectly. You can easily use Progman for this but first I assume you need to update your vehicle status to that of progman and make sure all modules are up to date and clearing the error memory before entering in the retrofit section. You're going the long way of doing this but more correct dealer type of way. But I assume you do not have an OP(P)S head right?
Those part numbers are related to the software status in Progman. You will also call them ZB numbers.

Hi,

I cleared all error codes using INPA.

Dont understand what you mean by 'update your vehicle status to that of progman'.

Im using ODB interface and progman running on VM.

Thanks
Old 04-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

You didn't take screenshots of before and after? If so look back and the current data status and the target data status. Since you have already gotten past those screens that means you've updated your car. When you connect it it it states old and new for the part numbers. I would just load up NCS becuase you're not going to be able to go through the optical port unless you have an OPS or OP(P)S head.
If you have NCS use that because it's much easier to guide you through. Unfortunately you got ahead of yourself with Progman and you're not going to be able to do it this way now.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
You didn't take screenshots of before and after? If so look back and the current data status and the target data status. Since you have already gotten past those screens that means you've updated your car. When you connect it it it states old and new for the part numbers. I would just load up NCS becuase you're not going to be able to go through the optical port unless you have an OPS or OP(P)S head.
If you have NCS use that because it's much easier to guide you through. Unfortunately you got ahead of yourself with Progman and you're not going to be able to do it this way now.
Thanks will get NCS and learn how to use it.

Quick Reply: SSS Progman - Parts number and fail problems