DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

resetting oil change in idrive

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 09:33 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530i

I tried the method described in post #48 and didn't have any luck. I have the remote that fits into the ignition with the start/ stop button.

I also tried the i drive menu. Using the wheel.
after the law screen press down for 6-10 seconds
three clicks clockwise
three clicks counter- clockwise
one click clockwise
one click counter- clockwise
one click clockwise
press down normal

I didn't get anything out of both methods and several tries. I also tried a couple different things like reversing the clockwise counter- clockwise order. Maybe BMW got wise to this and changed the combo?
Has anyone on the board tried this with the new push button ignition, besides myself?
Old 12-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i Built Nov 06 Silver Grey with Black Leather Steptronic Automatic Tranmission Premium Package Navigation System Sirius Satellite Red Reflectors :-)

This thread is awesome!

I tried the tachometer reset method above and it worked fine for me. Took me a few minutes to reset the oil meter. Just make sure you turn the ignition on; with the start/stop button model, turn ignition on by pressing start/stop button while leaving the brake pedal off (to avoid starting your engine).
Old 12-18-2006, 02:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i

Originally Posted by xe460' post='367511' date='Dec 14 2006, 10:26 PM
This thread is awesome!

Just make sure you turn the ignition on; with the start/stop button model, turn ignition on by pressing start/stop button while leaving the brake pedal off (to avoid starting your engine).
Thanks got it to work.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Members

Please, anyone can help me? I am trying to reset the "braking pads warning" and when I long press the "reset" option it gave me - 15000 km...so I still get the warning ....
What can I do?

Tx
Old 07-27-2007, 09:01 PM
Members

I used this procedure to reset the "microfilter due" notification after I replaced the microfilters. The odd thing is that it came up with the new interval of 120,000 km. This seems too long. I think the original interval was about 50,000 km.

Is there anyway to adjust the interval after reset.

The other strange is that I can no longer adjust my idrive brightness. It is now on full brightness. I did get into the test mode while trying to reset the service indicators. Any ideas where I went wrong?
Old 01-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06' 530 Alpine/Auburn/Dark walnut, Sport, Premium, Sirius, 35% Tint Upcomming mods: M166's/Exclaim UHP's, Mtech

Originally Posted by ledbettm' post='195264' date='Nov 8 2005, 02:56 PM
I also would like to know that too...

This process does not allow you to change/erase fault codes from the car.
I am glad to hear that this is all that is involved in resetting these indicators, I asked the service advisor a local dealership how to do this and OF COURSE the first thing out of his mouth was "you can't reset your i-drive service indicators, you MUST bring it in!" obviously trying to protect his bread n butter.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:59 AM
Members

Oil change countdown.

This is supposed to happen i understand when you turn the key on momentarily in the dashboard centre with miles/kms to go. Mine is 'fixed' on 8000 regardless of car being driven rather than counting down. Ok i can do basic maths but that is not the point!! Any ideas anybody?? I imagine it was not reset correctly last time by BMW (before i had the car).

Everything else is fine, no faults. Anybody else experienced this or something similar?
Old 02-16-2008, 04:01 AM
Members

Update.

Upon further investigation the display when key turned on is accurately reporting the next due service in terms of mileage and date from idrive service menu.

The problem is ALL of the items in idrive menu report various mileages in whole 1000's eg 8000, 16000 NONE of them are ever moving. How has the machine managed to stop counting down?

Does this mean i never need any servicing

Seriously can anybody help, or is this an upgrade software/reset service indicator type issue at dealer. Dare i suggest the last BMW service techhie may have may a hash of resetting intervals? Btw I didn't own car then, so was not sure initially this was a problem.

Any suggestions please...
Old 02-17-2008, 01:08 AM
Members

Ok people. To avoid myself looking too silly i think the penny has dropped. The figures went down by 1000 today to next service, so i assume this is working perfectly normally.

Not very well illustrated in the manual, i would add in my defence. I must check more thoroughly before posting. Written out 100 times by tomorrow morning!!
Old 02-17-2008, 04:02 AM
Members

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='190405' date='Oct 29 2005, 06:48 AM
Hi kreate2
Welcome aboard

Press the tacho reset button in the instument cluster about 10 seconds with the key to on position, until "service" appears, then change selection with a sigle push
until "engine oil" appears. Keep pushing the "reset " ask yes? and that's all. Next oil change after 25000 Km appears on the idrive "service"menu.
Beware, not to reset another function, there is no way to restore a reseted item.

Regards.
Hey nicke60gre,

Do you know what software & Hardware other than a PC l would need to buy to carry out service & Maintenance works on a 06 Model?

Quick Reply: resetting oil change in idrive