DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Reset service in I-drive after Micro filters change

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 07:09 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E61, Nov-2005. M-steering wheel +sport seats. Panoramic roof, Lighting package, Xenon, Adaptive headlights, Prof. navigation, CD changer, Voice control, Bluetooth, Heated seats, 128 alloys -18 inch, B&W Tuning (hounslow)

Hi All

I'm trying to reset the micro filter in Service via the odometer. Car is a Nov-05 E61 525d. I don't get it to work though.
I've read several threats about this on this forum and tried all the solutions I could find)
I put the key in (don't press the start button). Set the odometer to zero. take out the key and insert it again (someone mentioned this worked for him), then press the odometer button until I see the triangle with the exclamation mark (!).
Then I'm supposed to quickly let the odometer go an press it again so I can go through all service items. I tried this with door open and without the seatbelt and with the door closed and with the seatbelt on (this was another suggestion).
Problem remains the same. As soon as I let go the odometer the exclamation mark immediately turns back to the standard date and time again. Very quickly.
Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks!
PS.
I did go into the other menu once before (with the small digits which appears if you hold the odometer longer) so to check the engine temperature when driving. I think that can be accessed if you press the odometer longer than 10 sec and that worked. Not sure if that helps?
Old 06-09-2009, 06:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by bertolli' post='904236' date='Jun 8 2009, 11:09 PM
Hi All

I'm trying to reset the micro filter in Service via the odometer. Car is a Nov-05 E61 525d. I don't get it to work though.
I've read several threats about this on this forum and tried all the solutions I could find)
I put the key in (don't press the start button). Set the odometer to zero. take out the key and insert it again (someone mentioned this worked for him), then press the odometer button until I see the triangle with the exclamation mark (!).
Then I'm supposed to quickly let the odometer go an press it again so I can go through all service items. I tried this with door open and without the seatbelt and with the door closed and with the seatbelt on (this was another suggestion).
Problem remains the same. As soon as I let go the odometer the exclamation mark immediately turns back to the standard date and time again. Very quickly.
Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks!
PS.
I did go into the other menu once before (with the small digits which appears if you hold the odometer longer) so to check the engine temperature when driving. I think that can be accessed if you press the odometer longer than 10 sec and that worked. Not sure if that helps?
"Press the tacho reset button in the instument cluster about 10 seconds with the key to on position, until "service" appears, then change selection with a sigle push until "engine oil" appears. Keep pushing the "reset " ask yes? and that's all. Next oil change after 25000 Km appears on the idrive "service"menu."

the above is for oil change but stepping through the selections gets you microfilter too
Old 06-10-2009, 02:40 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW E61, Nov-2005. M-steering wheel +sport seats. Panoramic roof, Lighting package, Xenon, Adaptive headlights, Prof. navigation, CD changer, Voice control, Bluetooth, Heated seats, 128 alloys -18 inch, B&W Tuning (hounslow)

Thanks but that's what I did. Press the odometer or tachometer button which first reset the milage to zero, then after a while the service triangle appears. Then I'm supposed to release the tacho button and then press it again to flick through the service items. However I never get that far. As soon as I release the button the service icon immediately changes back to the standard time and date display.
So there's no chance to flick through anything?
Anybody else has this problem with a E60/E61 with the start button/key?
Thanks!
Old 06-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

put the key in and PRESS the start button but dont step on the brake so ur car wouldnt start.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:35 AM
Members

Thanks for the tip. However I have a 6-speed manual gearbox. So if I put the key in and press the start button might kick it forward. Unless maybe if I don't hold the clutch down it might not start.
I'll give that a try
Thanks!

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='906853' date='Jun 10 2009, 11:52 AM
put the key in and PRESS the start button but dont step on the brake so ur car wouldnt start.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:23 AM
Members

IT WORKED! Thanks for the advice!
Old 06-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by bertolli' post='907667' date='Jun 11 2009, 08:23 AM
IT WORKED! Thanks for the advice!

thats a relief! Enjoy your BMW now! 6 speed is the way to go!!!!