DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Remote Key - Hold Down Lock

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 12:53 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can roll up windows with key fob too. just need to code
Old 04-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Bazooka_Joe
i can roll up windows with key fob too. just need to code
Joe - Where in Denver did you have the remote key coded? My dealer says it can't be done which I know is not correct. I am talkig about the comfort access remote key and pushing the lock button and holding it there to roll up the windows. Thanks.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Members

Hey, i coded the car myself. when i hold the button it rolls up windows and closes sunroof. i can do yours too
Old 04-27-2011, 02:23 PM
Senior Members

Actually I tested this theory out. I took out my key from the key fob and put in the door and turned it to lock the doors.....the windows went up and sunroof closed. So for all of you guys who don't want coding....take your key out (actually remove it from the fob) and then put it into the keyhole and turn the key. The windows will close and so will the sunroof.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i w/sport
Model Year: 2005
Engine: N62

Bazooka Joe, Which module was it in and what was the coding you used. I tried CAS:KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB (Close windows via key FO>aktiv
I had to add this line to the coding by copying the KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG and adding the _FB (which I assume is for the key fob).
I can roll down the windows by holding the unlock button on the key fob, but not up. I wish I could speak German and understand what the codes actually mean.
I can roll the windows up and down by using the key in the door lock.
BTW I have a 2005 E60. I saw on an Excel spreadsheet where this code can be done on a 2004, 2007, 2008. But 2005 and 2006 are not marked as applicable.

Thank you,
Tom
Old 04-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Members

Hi Tom, it is the CAS mosdule KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB set to aktiv.

mines is a 2007 so i dont know about the different years. it might be that your module does not have that function?

if you had to add the line then i dont think that it will work.

Joe
Old 04-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

I have a 2004 E60. In NCS, I read the CAS module parameters into the .TRC file. Located the parameter KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB and set it to activ.

KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB
activ

Saved / renamed the file from .TRC to .MAN and wrote the .MAN file back to the CAS module.

KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB allows the Lock button on the remote (FB=fob?) to close windows / sunroof / convertible top.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i w/sport
Model Year: 2005
Engine: N62

Thanks everyone. I had to add the line KOMFORT..... and add the _FB to the end. So maybe the 05's can't do this trick.
I've just got the bugs worked out and did some coding already and followed the same procedure as vkhong.

NOW.....I took the car into the dealer to have the daytime running lights turned on (before I found out about coding)
And today while I was in the LMA module trying to adjust the angel eye brightness, the DRLs turned off.
The .trc file has them as nicht_aktiv and I changed it back to aktiv and reloaded the file as a .man file.
The coding didn't take and the DRL remained off. I reread the module and the lights were back to nicht_aktiv. I tried it again and still no luck.
What might cause the file to change itself to nicht_aktiv from aktiv. I saved the file and opened it up and everything was fine. I'm stumped as to why it would do it.
I've coded several things and have had no problems, so I think I have the procedure down.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, and I'll search some more.
Thank you,
Tom
Old 04-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 550i
Model Year: 06

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
Actually I tested this theory out. I took out my key from the key fob and put in the door and turned it to lock the doors.....the windows went up and sunroof closed. So for all of you guys who don't want coding....take your key out (actually remove it from the fob) and then put it into the keyhole and turn the key. The windows will close and so will the sunroof.
I showed this to Simon a few months ago appearently this isn't a well known feature. I had this on my first car, a 91 MB 300E, so this may have been around longer than I've been alive, lol.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

I looked at an E60 coding spreadsheet containing various confirmed parameters. "KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB" is confirmed to be working for 2004, 2007, and 2008. It's blank or unknown for 2005, 2009 and 2010. Generally speaking, if you read a module's parameters into a .TRC file and a parameter you are seeking is absent, that parameter is not supported by the module. This is true even if the parameter in question shows up in the full CAS .TRC file.

Quick Reply: Remote Key - Hold Down Lock