DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

New M5 folding mirror not folding? coding required?...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 04:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Sport, Tit Silver, Quaife LSD (Birds), Eibach Pro springs, H&R anti-roll bars, HUD, Comfort active mem seats, Logic 7, Pro Nav, Adaptive Xenons , Visibility pack, AC Schnitzer exhaust with Eisemann tips, M5 style mirrors, Viezu ecu remap (340bhp), K&N filter, 19" 172s Summer Alloys, 18" Hamann 2tone Winters, DIY - interior led light upgrade, plate led upgrade, plate M surround, smoked side indicators

Hi All, I've recently acquired a 535d sport and have started to do some upgrades using the guidance from fellow members(will add to my avatar soon). On the weekend I fitted some aftermarket M5 mirrors with the puddle lights, folding and chromatic glass (with help from SSDD). At the same time i also fitted a new switch with the additional powerfold button. For clarity my car is a Aug05 build (registered Oct05) with the switch panel high on the arm rest. Tested the mirrors to ensure they folded fine before fitting. The switch panel had a four pin plug and mirrors 3 plugs. I think i have the same mirrors as 530D Lee (https://5series.net/forums/topic/111...mming-funcion/) and my car is of a similar age also.

After fitting, the mirrors have kept all functionality (including passenger dip), but they they do not fold (using button on switch panel)or holding key. Is this a simple coding issue or more to it? If so can anyone recommend someone who may be able to help as i dont have any equipment (and expertise) to do this. I called stealers and they asking for big bucks to look at it and when i asked what coding they'd be doing the answer i got was "it's the BMW stealer only system mate"! All help and advise is much appreciated, many thanks.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Sent you a mail rizz, lets get this sorted for you.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW

Your mirrors will need to be made 'activ' in form of some coding and 'Blood' is your man for the job.

Just out of interest how much did you pay for the window switch panel? PM me if you want.

Lee.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by 530D Lee
Your mirrors will need to be made 'activ' in form of some coding and 'Blood' is your man for the job.

Just out of interest how much did you pay for the window switch panel? PM me if you want.

Lee.
Chears Lee, were on it
Old 04-19-2011, 11:45 PM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport, Tit Silver, Quaife LSD (Birds), Eibach Pro springs, H&R anti-roll bars, HUD, Comfort active mem seats, Logic 7, Pro Nav, Adaptive Xenons , Visibility pack, AC Schnitzer exhaust with Eisemann tips, M5 style mirrors, Viezu ecu remap (340bhp), K&N filter, 19" 172s Summer Alloys, 18" Hamann 2tone Winters, DIY - interior led light upgrade, plate led upgrade, plate M surround, smoked side indicators

Thanks guys! your help is much appreciated! I paid just over a ton for the switch but that also included the wiring looms (Switch panel part #- 6951929 mirror wiring looms #6925937 & #6925931, all used but in reasonable condition) which i thought i needed at the time (so have two perfectly good wiring looms spare now) and got mirrors from a UK online BMW mods/accesories site (the quality ended up being exceptional and almost identical to M5 originals). I called the stealers and they wanted something like £89+VAT for the switch but then another £150 odd for the wiring looms (which they confirmed i needed but were wrong). In hindsight i would have been better off getting a new switch but never mind. Hopefully should be all working very soon!
Old 04-20-2011, 03:16 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by Rizzy535d
and got mirrors from a UK online BMW mods/accesories site (the quality ended up being exceptional and almost identical to M5 originals)
And they are??
Old 04-22-2011, 01:10 AM
Members

Sorry, didn't mention name as thought it might be construed as advertising, bought it from ssdd ( the guys name is teddy) for just under £300 including spraying. I've bought lots of other bits from him too including my interior led lights, m pedals, smoked indicators and angel eyes White markers. He's based in staines and is massively helpful
Old 05-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Members

Hey rizzy can you put up some pic's as i have the manual fold mirrors fitted on and if his ones look the part then wont mind buying from him and adding the switch as well.

thanks

del
Old 06-29-2011, 01:31 AM
Members

Hi, Apologies for the delay in responding, had a new adddition to the family so have been offline for quite some time, i'll take some pics and post it here and send PM with details to you too.