DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

need help guys my cars not starting

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 06:53 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

hi guys my car was driving fine untill i brought a tuning box that i tried to fit to my car the tuning box is made by tdperformace.co.uk who havnt been very helpfull after contacting them many times

car bmw 530d m57 2003 reg
i connected one end of the tuning box wiring to the fuel pressure sensor on the front of the engine closest to the grill
and the other to the sensor on the left near to it which is the camshaft sensor

i got a feeling i put the wiring wrong or some else has gone wrong one the wiring was done i decided to mount the box to the inner side of the wing near the suspension leg as i did this the unit sparked once or twice when it touched metal

i disconnected everything and put it back when i tried to start the car it wouldnt start but just crank

i connected inpa and dis i get the following codes they dont seem to clear

3F30 DDE: Rail pressure sensor, signal - open or short to positive- fault currently present
4302 DDE:
4351 DDE: Rail pressure control valve, activation - short circuit to ground - fault currently present
4BC2 DDE: Air - mass flow sensor- signal, open or short to positive / ground - fault currently present
4BC7 DDE: intake-air temperature sensor, signal - open or short circuit to positive/ ground - fault currently present
4BA0 DDE: intake-air temperature sensor, signal - temperature too high or signal, open or short circuit to positive

I was wondering if you guys can be any help as to what can be wrong or what needs to be changed or fixed
Old 07-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

guys found a blown fuse in the compartment where the dde ecu is located there are five fuses there all errors have cleared up except the below one

3F30 DDE: Rail pressure sensor, signal - open or short to positive- fault currently present

i know this will clear when i swap the sensor as i brought the above sensor and the error was clearing but the others where staying so decided then i didnt need it as the problem wasnt getting resolved i returned this sensor earlier today before i found the blown fuse near the dde

final question can just the faulty fuel pressure sensor cause the car not to start

i know the sensor is faulty also because it wasnt showing any resistance compare to the new one