DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Need help on changing seats ( wiring or something)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello every one, i've got seats from M5, i have installed them, they are fully electrical , with out ventilation( i think), but everthing else is controlled electronicaly, they also have memory buttons. My original seats have only 2 controls, and they dont have a coputer under them!

So i need some hel conecting them, i have noticed that there is a conncetion in the computer unders seat which my car doesnt have, is it possible to conect them.
So if it is possibe to get any wiring or cable colors or coputer pin out, anyway any help will be apreciated. thank u in advance.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:03 AM
Members

Hello,

Will try to help you, but first you must give me some data about your original seats as well as you new M seats. Regarding your original seats are they :
Electric or semi electric?
Do they have memory?
One or two seat belt pretensioners?
Whai is the part number of seat control module (located under the seat), if any.

For the M seats I need to know the part number of conrol module located under the seat, this 11 digit number should read 61356927--- the last three digit vary according to seat configuration. there could be also a second contol module (smaller) if you have active backrest width adjustment. if you can post a photo of car wiring harness connected to the seat, this also may help.

Looking to hear fro m yopu.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:18 AM
Members

hey mwaly,
Sorry but i dont have the car at the moment, and i cant meke exact pictures, so my original seats are semi-electric, M5 seats has evertything, in my original seats there is only one pretensioner. So i post a picture Need help on changing seats ( wiring or something)-nera.jpg which i found here in the other forums. there is a connector marked , i DONT HAVE THIS AT ALL. The rest conections in that control module are used for something accept two, one doesnt have any pins in it , the other is marked in the picture. On my original wiring the yellow connector, it has two power cables (brown and red/green), one accessory cable(violet/white), one (brown/black) , one (red/white or white/red), two cables for seat belt indcation, and two cables for pretensioner (yellow/red and yellw/brown) . Thats it my original connetin look like this. If this helped, then ok, if n, ill try to get all the codes, and some more information. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails Need help on changing seats ( wiring or something)-nera.jpg