DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 03:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,
I had already installed the ccc lci with Fav. Buttons and the mulf2 svs with USB in my E61 2006.
A few days agou i was playing around with NCS and code the CAS with a empty .MAN File....

I tried to fix this Problem, but it still doesnt work.

Mulf2: bt-connection works fine but i dont have a BT-Menu, usb doesnt show in iDrive and the Fav. Buttons doesnt work.

I have coding the follow SA in CAS!

$609 for ccc
$644 for Mulf
$6FL for USB

What i have to do this parts working?

Sry about my language, i hope you guys understand what i write here
Old 03-24-2011, 04:56 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

[quote name='fanarik' timestamp='1300965291' post='1321316']

Hi fanarik - your english is good.

What others modules did you code? Was CAS the only one?

Jim
Old 03-24-2011, 05:00 AM
Members

Hi Jim,
thank you.

CAS was the only one. Do i need to code the LMA too?
Old 03-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by fanarik
Hi Jim,
thank you.

CAS was the only one. Do i need to code the LMA too?
Old 03-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Members

Hello,
we have it done...

SA $609, $644 and $6FL coding in CAS and LMA.

CCC LCI CAPPL

CAPPL Coding with follow commands:

VA_FB
8_keys
VA_FB_COMMUNICATION
aktiv
VA_FB_ENTERTAINMENT
aktiv
VA_FB_NAVIGATION
aktiv

CAPPL, CHOST and CGATE write with a empty FSW_PSW.MAN File.

Thats all
Greets
Old 03-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

fanarik -->
Old 03-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 535d carbon black m-kit panoramaroof with beige nasca interior and wood trim. 172m rims. DimSport Race, SB, SAT

Guys, I was browsing this for inspiration on what general cool stuff to have coded and I'm afraid there isn't much that excites me, except for the digital speedometer. Else it seems coding mainly applies if you install a new feature and want your car to be aware of its presence; unless of course you want to mess with your lights. OK so much for that; don't mean to dampen your enthusiasm. I saw on one of the early pages that you were discussing what the ASP_STANDHEIZUNG command might refer to and you seemed to agree it had to do with the sidemirrors possibly being heated while the engine was switched off.

In ALL diesel cars, there's a built in engine heater which runs on diesel and can both pre-heat the engine as well as pre-heat the interior in connection with the A/C blower system. The engine heater actually also engages when you drive the car in sub-zero celsius weather, as the diesel engine never runs particularly hot. The pre-heater, which is manufactured by Webasto, can be remote controlled with a special transmitter and it can also be set with a timer via idrive. You can also add the option of a pre-heater for gasoline powered cars. When you buy a diesel car, BMW won't tell you that the pre-heater is already built in and only needs to be enabled via coding. So if you buy a remote from Webasto (amazing little thing; it's the size of a key fob and has a range of 600 meters!) and code the heater, then you get full functionality that BMW otherwise charges you an arm and a leg for if you want a cabin and engine preheater. I hope this bit is useful for you; cause if you figure it out and are able to broadcast it to diesel owners with full instructions on where to get a key fob then everyone living in Canada and Northern Europe will be running to you for help.

Now if only someone would lend me an OBD cable so I could enable the "sport" display option on my SAT so I could move on with my life and forget everything about coding of BMW cars, then life would be great...
Old 03-27-2011, 01:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Not in ALL im afraid mine does not have the auxiliary heater option.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:16 AM
Members

My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by NavarroOne
Guys, I was browsing this for inspiration on what general cool stuff to have coded and I'm afraid there isn't much that excites me, except for the digital speedometer. Else it seems coding mainly applies if you install a new feature and want your car to be aware of its presence; unless of course you want to mess with your lights. OK so much for that; don't mean to dampen your enthusiasm. I saw on one of the early pages that you were discussing what the ASP_STANDHEIZUNG command might refer to and you seemed to agree it had to do with the sidemirrors possibly being heated while the engine was switched off.

In ALL diesel cars, there's a built in engine heater which runs on diesel and can both pre-heat the engine as well as pre-heat the interior in connection with the A/C blower system. The engine heater actually also engages when you drive the car in sub-zero celsius weather, as the diesel engine never runs particularly hot. The pre-heater, which is manufactured by Webasto, can be remote controlled with a special transmitter and it can also be set with a timer via idrive. You can also add the option of a pre-heater for gasoline powered cars. When you buy a diesel car, BMW won't tell you that the pre-heater is already built in and only needs to be enabled via coding. So if you buy a remote from Webasto (amazing little thing; it's the size of a key fob and has a range of 600 meters!) and code the heater, then you get full functionality that BMW otherwise charges you an arm and a leg for if you want a cabin and engine preheater. I hope this bit is useful for you; cause if you figure it out and are able to broadcast it to diesel owners with full instructions on where to get a key fob then everyone living in Canada and Northern Europe will be running to you for help.

Now if only someone would lend me an OBD cable so I could enable the "sport" display option on my SAT so I could move on with my life and forget everything about coding of BMW cars, then life would be great...

Not necessary, when I had the e39 530d I had webasto in it - without the option to turn it ON on the screen, but the new E60/61 is using webasto only if you chose this as a factory option, all the others have only electric heater (you can see it in INPA as well) so there is no possibility to have it activated before you start the engine.
And if you make this function active in EHKA you will have CAN communication fault - because there is not such a unit.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:35 AM
Senior Members

"In ALL diesel cars, there's a built in engine heater which runs on diesel and can both pre-heat the engine as well as pre-heat the interior in connection with the A/C blower system"

WRONG!

This was the case with the E39 diesel. The E60/61 E90/91 now has an electric pre-heating system, which heats the air on cold days, to reach a good temperature in the cabin fast.

On cars equipped with "Standheizung / Webasto", there is no electric heater, and the webasto kicks in, if the outside temperature is below 5 degrees and the coolant temperature is below 72 degrees.

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods