DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

M5 mirror re-fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 09:27 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i Build date 11/2005 options include: cold weather package/ convenience package/premium sound package/ sport package/sunshades/Navigation/ V3 cradle/ OE 166 wheels/M-tech upgrade/M rear spoiler/ racemesh m-tech grill/racemesh kidney grills/M5 mirrors/M5 steering wheel/ HID fog light conversion/ M5 SMG paddles

Have searched the forum for a really good step-by-step with color photos explaining the work involved fitting M5 mirrors on a regular e60. Does anybody have this? Or is anybody about to go through the process that could document the procedure?

Seeing photos of the door work; wiring; any comments on making the auto folding work in a US car

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!
Old 11-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by Matt BMW California' post='358051' date='Nov 19 2006, 10:27 AM
Have searched the forum for a really good step-by-step with color photos explaining the work involved fitting M5 mirrors on a regular e60. Does anybody have this? Or is anybody about to go through the process that could document the procedure?

Seeing photos of the door work; wiring; any comments on making the auto folding work in a US car

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!
You need to talk to my530i. I watched him change someone's stock mirrors with the m5 mirrors yesterday in all of about 10 minutes......and it looked great!! Send him a PM.....I'm sure he could give you some help.....or just show up at the next meet with the mirrors, and maybe you can get him to do it for you!
Old 11-19-2006, 08:08 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it was more than 30 min if I remember correctly. Everything takes practice to make this installation goes smoothly to avoid airbag light goes off and ripping other wires, etc
Matt,
Just let me know when you have mirror ready and I'm more than happy to install it for you. You'll see big difference how M5 mirror change your car look compared to stock.
I'm satisfied with my car look now, but EBMC03, BoBoB and vegastrashed keep saying that E60 does not look good with stock bumper :'(
OK, I'll get M-tech kit than
Old 11-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Build date 11/2005 options include: cold weather package/ convenience package/premium sound package/ sport package/sunshades/Navigation/ V3 cradle/ OE 166 wheels/M-tech upgrade/M rear spoiler/ racemesh m-tech grill/racemesh kidney grills/M5 mirrors/M5 steering wheel/ HID fog light conversion/ M5 SMG paddles

Originally Posted by my530i' post='358252' date='Nov 19 2006, 09:08 PM
I think it was more than 30 min if I remember correctly. Everything takes practice to make this installation goes smoothly to avoid airbag light goes off and ripping other wires, etc
Matt,
Just let me know when you have mirror ready and I'm more than happy to install it for you. You'll see big difference how M5 mirror change your car look compared to stock.
I'm satisfied with my car look now, but EBMC03, BoBoB and vegastrashed keep saying that E60 does not look good with stock bumper :'(
Hi Fred,

Just went through that M-tech 'bug' - big difference in the look!!...could not find a better price than Tony (quad_m)...and RJs in Pleasanton - top notch! In fact, if you dont have PDC, they have front and rear M-tech bumpers just sitting there for you to offer them a price!

Ryan is pretty cool - I am sure that the price would be REALLY good! (it was my set ordered by mistake - I have PDC). Its the least I could do for the mirror work I am going to get from you in the coming weeks - I will be seeing Ryan soon becuase I will get him to paint the mirrors. If you want I can ask him about the bumpers.

Thanks!
Mattt
Old 11-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Matt BMW California' post='358266' date='Nov 19 2006, 09:34 PM
Hi Fred,

Just went through that M-tech 'bug' - big difference in the look!!...could not find a better price than Tony (quad_m)...and RJs in Pleasanton - top notch! In fact, if you dont have PDC, they have front and rear M-tech bumpers just sitting there for you to offer them a price!

Ryan is pretty cool - I am sure that the price would be REALLY good! (it was my set ordered by mistake - I have PDC). Its the least I could do for the mirror work I am going to get from you in the coming weeks - I will be seeing Ryan soon becuase I will get him to paint the mirrors. If you want I can ask him about the bumpers.

Thanks!
Mattt
scratch that...I just read your signature - you have a 550 too!! Great car - and standard PDC!! (oh well!)
Old 11-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by my530i' post='358252' date='Nov 19 2006, 09:08 PM
Yeah, but I think your car looks great with the stock bumper....just like mine! Vegas...he's always trying to spend everyone else's money, and EBMCSO3......well....he drives a Toyota.....er Lexus.....so.....need I say more?? And BoBoB?? Well.......HIM, you might have to listen too....apparently he has experience, professionally, on what looks good!!
Old 11-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Contributors

Hi Matt,
All I'm interested is front M-tech bumper and side skirt
If you can find out how much does it cost from RJ in pleasanton with painting included (no installation needed because I have my shop in San Jose with carlift which makes it easier for installation), I really appreciated.
No doubt that Tony has the best price, but I hope I can save a few dollars for shipping.
Thanks/Fred
Old 11-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 2005 X3 3.0

Originally Posted by Matt BMW California' post='358266' date='Nov 20 2006, 12:34 AM
Hi Fred,

Thanks!
Mattt

yes RJs is a great place to take the cars to be installed/painted

my530i I am here to serve, pm me if you like to get the killer look of M tech on your car.
I will be glad to assist you on that and dont worry my prices are very reasonable

and best of all I can ship it where ever you want me to body shop/business location etc
also, with me you will receive it Next day air plus you will save the pick up, load and
deliver+time+efforts

best regards,
quad_m
Old 11-22-2006, 08:52 AM
Contributors

So many thanks to you Tony! You're the best!
Keep up the great work, Tony. We're here to support you, too
Old 11-22-2006, 11:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 2005 X3 3.0

Originally Posted by my530i' post='359315' date='Nov 22 2006, 12:52 PM
So many thanks to you Tony! You're the best!
Keep up the great work, Tony. We're here to support you, too

You are very kind, thank you, I am doing my best for all of you..

God bless you guys