DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

M5 fully electric seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Here:- BMW WDS
Old 03-06-2010, 06:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 07' 535D E61... no toys except media pack and vis pack

It wasn't the wiring schematic I am after - but the part number for the actual connector and terminals that it houses so it could be ordered.
I'd prefer not to start soldering to the seat control module if I can help it as any future need to replace would be a nightmare post install.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

Did any one above get memory seats or full electric seats to work in a semi electric interior car?

Im trying to just power the seats up with out them being in the car on a bench

Or does it need all car wires connected to make move
If so what wires or
Modifications did you do and how?

My interior is full electric memory seats they are going into a 2004 e60 with semi powered seats

My memory seats have their own ecu under the seats
Old 06-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Members

hi guys! Have a one question: does this seats working without coding after wiring???

Just today done the wiring by myself (with WDS help). Doesnt work... Now after reading this forum, find that had didnt conect two wires.

Anyway main question is: or it will work without codding!

Thank u!
Old 06-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by DGRZ
hi guys! Have a one question: does this seats working without coding after wiring???

Just today done the wiring by myself (with WDS help). Doesnt work... Now after reading this forum, find that had didnt conect two wires.

Anyway main question is: or it will work without codding!

Thank u!
Anytime a new computer module is added to the network the car will have to be coded for it.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by johneves
Did you have a problem getting the switches to operate my passenger switch operates both seats and the drivers switch does not work. also the heat seat switch for the passenger seat operates both heated seats and the drivers heated seat switch does not work. also the memory switches do not work.
HELPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi! I have exactly the same problem! How this trouble was solved? By coding? My car will be coded tommorow, so would like to know what i can do more before car coded? Thank u
Old 06-12-2012, 01:40 AM
Members

Car was coded, but the seats working like they was before... Please any one help!
Old 06-12-2012, 03:00 AM
Members

Remove the small GND wire you have made in the wirering from the drivers seat.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:32 AM
Members

Oh, thats help me. thank u so much! now doesnt work seats ventilation, seats heating working but the indication lights in central console sometime flashing, stop showing or show good position of seats heating. if asnyone knows what can be with this, will be nice to have some help Anyway thank u verry much, when i finish this car, will do short explain how i done it.

so do anyone had troubles with seats ventilations? or it suposed to be coded? coz in cant see another way, everything controlled by can bus...

thanx
Old 06-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Members

Thenk u guys! Everything working, Seat adjustment, heating, memory, backrest width! Later will write how to run the backrest to proper work!

One more time THANK YOU for help!

Quick Reply: M5 fully electric seats