DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

LCI taillights retrofit by using NCS and simple retrofit wiring kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

amazing , thanks again Ehssan ...
Old 10-05-2011, 03:34 AM
Members

I am also waiting patiently for the indications from Ehssan
Old 10-05-2011, 06:54 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by rase
I am also waiting patiently for the indications from Ehssan
I think I already replied to your PM right

Farooq drove from Oman to Dubai ( which is like 300KM drive ) , I did his LCI retrofit successfully .. and BTW it wasn't free service , but I did some free coding for him as a gift ..

Nice meeting you Farooq ( please if you want to come again , try to leave about 1 meter of your height at home so I don't need to look up to speak to you loooool ) ... and please Post some picture from the ones you've taken with your phone .

Enjoy it sir ,
Old 10-06-2011, 12:47 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ehssan
I think I already replied to your PM right

Farooq drove from Oman to Dubai ( which is like 300KM drive ) , I did his LCI retrofit successfully .. and BTW it wasn't free service , but I did some free coding for him as a gift ..

Nice meeting you Farooq ( please if you want to come again , try to leave about 1 meter of your height at home so I don't need to look up to speak to you loooool ) ... and please Post some picture from the ones you've taken with your phone .

Enjoy it sir ,

loooool ,, I will cut few CM's next time

It was pleasure meeting you Ehssan ,, appreciate your help during the weekend and the weather was killing in Dubai ..

the pictures wasn't really good specially it was night time and my phone is not as good as other phone , here is some pictures I've taken yesterday at home ..

nothing really special ,, they look exactly like any other OEM LCI's ,, but I can't be more than happy with it ..thanks again ..

BTW , I got speed ticket on the way back loooool ..
Attached Thumbnails LCI taillights retrofit by using NCS and simple retrofit wiring kit-img2011061100022.jpg   LCI taillights retrofit by using NCS and simple retrofit wiring kit-img2011061100023.jpg  
Old 10-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Farooq
loooool ,, I will cut few CM's next time

It was pleasure meeting you Ehssan ,, appreciate your help during the weekend and the weather was killing in Dubai ..

the pictures wasn't really good specially it was night time and my phone is not as good as other phone , here is some pictures I've taken yesterday at home ..

nothing really special ,, they look exactly like any other OEM LCI's ,, but I can't be more than happy with it ..thanks again ..

BTW , I got speed ticket on the way back loooool ..

Looks OK in the pictures ,,, glad you are enjoying it ,, and wish you the best with your study ..

sorry for the speed ticket , :thumbsdown:
Old 10-20-2011, 04:23 AM
Contributors

looks like there are a lot of people waiting for the LM1 retrofit ( I appreciate your PM's ) ... I wont let you down , but I apologize it's not gonna be free but also not that expensive comparing to the market .

you have 2 options to buy :

1- Retrofit cable + coding = $130 + shipping.
2- coding only + retrofit cable preparation instructions = $80

for option # 1 : Shipping to USA is $30 and to Europe is $20 ,

I offer 2 versions of retrofit , ( picture is for reference ) .

LCI taillights retrofit by using NCS and simple retrofit wiring kit-img_0209.jpg

1- OEM LCI style : ( LED bars at full bright 12V , Bulbs # 1&2 only on when braking , Bulb # 3 is FOG light as usual ).
2- Ehssan LCI Sytle ( Upgraded ricky effect style ) : ( LED bars at full bright 12V , Bulbs # 1&2 are FOG light bulbs works only when press the rear fog light button , Bulb # 3 is brake light bulb full birght when braking and dimmed without brake , or it can be set to completely off without braking )

anyone has any question , Please PM me ..

Old 10-20-2011, 04:30 AM
Contributors

here is a picture of the retrofit cable KIT ( one cable for each taillight with label for left and right ) .

LCI taillights retrofit by using NCS and simple retrofit wiring kit-lci-cable.jpg
Old 10-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Ehssan
2- Ehssan LCI Sytle ( Upgraded ricky effect style ) : ( LED bars at full bright 12V , Bulbs # 1&2 are FOG light bulbs works only when press the rear fog light button ,
+1
Old 10-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Members

I'm being lazy by asking this question as I've not looked over the PIN out's for the front xenon's.

Has anyone / is it possible to create a retrofit connector for the front lights?

I like the plug and play idea
Old 10-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by markie
I'm being lazy by asking this question as I've not looked over the PIN out's for the front xenon's.

Has anyone / is it possible to create a retrofit connector for the front lights?

I like the plug and play idea

You can't just make a conversion cable for the xenons and have it work properly because it requires coding since the pre-LCI and LCI headlights function is not entirely the same. It would work, but you would end up having a melted cornering light lens, gimped high beams, and no corner light function.

Quick Reply: LCI taillights retrofit by using NCS and simple retrofit wiring kit