DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

KSport Install D.I.Y.?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 550i 20" Forgestar F14 Black

Can anyone pls direct me to a link where anyone posted a DIY on the KSport coilovers ? I tried looking around but no luck. Thanks.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i SMG, 35% Tint, LED Angel Eyes

Originally Posted by bdogge
Can anyone pls direct me to a link where anyone posted a DIY on the KSport coilovers ? I tried looking around but no luck. Thanks.
That's because there isn't one for the KSports. Contact Michael @ Acute, John (PJINCA), RedEyeJedi or me if you need to have questions answered. We all DIY'd it not too long ago. After doing and observing the process, this is more than one person can handle. You should enlist help from at least one other person for this job. Not to mention proper tools. Welcome to the KSport family. You will love the feel of it.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Members

whats a Ksports?
Old 07-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

As mentioned above, if you have any questions let me know. Be glad to help.

Originally Posted by ulvit
whats a Ksports?
Coilovers, a much more affordable option for a full coilover suspension setup
Old 07-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Members

Thanks fellas for the response. I took my car today to a buddy of mine who usually does my work. I'm sure he knows how to install "coilovers" but would like to be sure that he does it correctly. I was going to send him info from this board on how to install. So a question for you guys who installed the coilovers.....is/are there any special instructions we need to know when putting this on? Like what I said, this guy should know what he is doing but he has not installed a "KSport coilovers before. Thanks everyone!! I'll share some pics once it's installed.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Thanks fellas for the response. I took my car today to a buddy of mine who usually does my work. I'm sure he knows how to install "coilovers" but would like to be sure that he does it correctly. I was going to send him info from this board on how to install. So a question for you guys who installed the coilovers.....is/are there any special instructions we need to know when putting this on? Like what I said, this guy should know what he is doing but he has not installed a "KSport coilovers before. Thanks everyone!! I'll share some pics once it's installed.
The rears are a PITA, you need to loosen all the screws in the fender liner, pull it out (while someone stands on the rotor) to clear the fender.

If your friend have any questions - PM me
Old 07-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
The rears are a PITA, you need to loosen all the screws in the fender liner, pull it out (while someone stands on the rotor) to clear the fender.

If your friend have any questions - PM me

Thank you very much. i will pass the message on to him
Old 07-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i SMG, 35% Tint, LED Angel Eyes

Thank you very much. i will pass the message on to him

There's another very important tip for the rear. Make SURE you put the adjusting knobs for the struts in FIRST before you install them on to the rear. Once the struts are in, they are impossible to put in afterward. Also, it's very tight in there and you have to remove and tighten the 3 nuts that hold the struts in place. Having the right tools will save you a lot of time. Good luck.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:25 AM
Members

Originally Posted by toyota2bmw
There's another very important tip for the rear. Make SURE you put the adjusting knobs for the struts in FIRST before you install them on to the rear. Once the struts are in, they are impossible to put in afterward. Also, it's very tight in there and you have to remove and tighten the 3 nuts that hold the struts in place. Having the right tools will save you a lot of time. Good luck.
Thank you very much for this important tip. I will make sure my buddy gets this message.