DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Installation of LCD screens in the headrests

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 03:39 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d E61, M-Package in Carbonblack, DVB-T and X-Box installed

Hi,

Hm....same idea
  • for the controllers you may use MadCats Wireless controllers which work simply perfect
  • I modded my xbox with an IR Receiver to switch it on/off. With a xantech IR repeater I use a teachable IR control to control Videointerface as well as the XBox
  • Install DVB-T Tuner and it's perfect
regs
Volkmar
Old 04-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Members

My Ride: E61

Yes Thank you justin
Old 05-12-2006, 01:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Very Impressive Justin..
Old 05-15-2006, 11:54 PM
Senior Members

Location: Luxembourg (work) / Germany (home) / Poland (heart ;)
My Ride: MY RIDES: Previous: 1997 BMW 528i E39 | graphit mettalic | black leather | electric heated and pumped comfort seats + memory (seats, wheel, mirrors) | factory xenon | LPG gas installation (Dutch / Prinz) w/direct sequential injection (same pwr and same cons.)+80L tank in the spare wheel place | cruise ctrl, electric sunshade | ABS | ESP | 4 airbags (never used :) | electronic AC (2 side) | Board computer | Leather heated multifunction wheel | Radio Profess.+tape+6 CD changer+subwoofer+10 spkrs+DSP | alu 17" AEZ + Turanza 235/45/ZR17 | rain sensor | factory GSM built-in | Asus A636 GPS navigation TomTom | HISTORY: 1999 BMW 735 | 1994 VW Golf GT | 1994 Citroen Xantia | 1997 Renault Megane Coupe | 2000 Alfa Romeo 146 | 1994 Renault 19 | 1995 Toyota Camry | 1994 Audi 100 | 1978 VW Golf (the only diesel so far...) FUTURE: (2011-2012) F11 530xd Msport ultimate DREAM: M5 diesel :)

Unbelievable work you have done in your car - and the effect looks just amazing!!
This is pretty much what I've been thinking about for my E60 - but couldn't yet find anybody who could even advise how to install amp+sub, not to mention: to install this whole type of equipment.

So, just a question for you Justin: is there any way you could help with such installation? (if so, what part of NL are you from?)

Anyways, CONGRATS - your car is state of the art, as I imagine it!
Old 05-16-2006, 03:09 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 E60 Bi-Fuel Business Navigation Park distance control Sunroof extended airco with armrest 18" M5 rims with Runflats xbox with 2 headrests LCD front LCD video enabled Detachable towbar Alarm anti-blind rearview mirror Adaptive Xenon Bluetooth carkit Garage door opener integrated Headlight cleaning system Seat heating front

Originally Posted by luxembourg' post='283027' date='May 16 2006, 02:54 AM
Unbelievable work you have done in your car - and the effect looks just amazing!!
This is pretty much what I've been thinking about for my E60 - but couldn't yet find anybody who could even advise how to install amp+sub, not to mention: to install this whole type of equipment.

So, just a question for you Justin: is there any way you could help with such installation? (if so, what part of NL are you from?)

Anyways, CONGRATS - your car is state of the art, as I imagine it!

Ofcourse I can help you
I have send you a message....
Old 05-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

Hey, what did you do for putting the tvs in the headrest? Did you get new headrest or did you use the factory one? How did you fit the tv in the headrest?
Old 05-20-2006, 12:47 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 E60 Bi-Fuel Business Navigation Park distance control Sunroof extended airco with armrest 18" M5 rims with Runflats xbox with 2 headrests LCD front LCD video enabled Detachable towbar Alarm anti-blind rearview mirror Adaptive Xenon Bluetooth carkit Garage door opener integrated Headlight cleaning system Seat heating front

Originally Posted by houbmw' post='284994' date='May 19 2006, 04:57 PM
Hey, what did you do for putting the tvs in the headrest? Did you get new headrest or did you use the factory one? How did you fit the tv in the headrest?
You mean lcd-screens, because I do not have television in my car.
But, I used my old factory headrests, why should I buy new ones? I will buy new ones when I need them.What do you mean by "how do you fit tv in the headrests?" are the pictures not clear enough?
Old 05-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System

Ok, so you used your factory headrests, so what did you do? Do you take the leather off and then put the screens in and then have it custom fabricated again to make it a clean look or how did you do that part? thanks for the info, great detailed information on the install, keep up the good work.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:42 PM
Members

Originally Posted by houbmw' post='285434' date='May 20 2006, 04:43 PM
Ok, so you used your factory headrests, so what did you do? Do you take the leather off and then put the screens in and then have it custom fabricated again to make it a clean look or how did you do that part? thanks for the info, great detailed information on the install, keep up the good work.
I just cut a hole in the headrests fabric (not leather), and inserted the screens.

Justin
Old 05-21-2006, 12:02 AM
Senior Members

i dont have my car yet, its still on order, but so the leather comes off the headrest and you cut into the sponge material. Then you cut the leather and put that back on the headrest? I am a little confused about this, i guess i have to see the headrest in person. thanks

Quick Reply: Installation of LCD screens in the headrests