DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

High Beam Assist/FLA

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

It dont work like that, once the hardware is fitted your vehicle order will have to be changed and then the correct modules re-coded according to the new vehicle order, all this can be done with NCSexpert, takes a few seconds.

VA_longdistncelight just allows the fucntion to be stwiched on or off.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:55 AM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello guys,

I am quite interested in this too, I have mid 2007 LCI 535d with active cruise control and lane departure warning. I have adative xenon, idrive, pro nav, mp3 etc. Do you think I will need to get new centre rear view mirror with FLA camera? I already have one camera in the rear view mirror but thats for lane departure warning, won't that serve both purpose?

If I need to get FLA camera, is that a separate unit. Basically I don't want to replace full mirror with the lane departure camera just to add FLA, also not sure I can get a used unit which is FLA+LaneDeparture+autodim.

Please suggest.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by AI001
Hello guys,

I am quite interested in this too, I have mid 2007 LCI 535d with active cruise control and lane departure warning. I have adative xenon, idrive, pro nav, mp3 etc. Do you think I will need to get new centre rear view mirror with FLA camera? I already have one camera in the rear view mirror but thats for lane departure warning, won't that serve both purpose?

If I need to get FLA camera, is that a separate unit. Basically I don't want to replace full mirror with the lane departure camera just to add FLA, also not sure I can get a used unit which is FLA+LaneDeparture+autodim.

Please suggest.
when you come to do the online I can have a look at enaberling high beam assist for you
Old 06-29-2012, 12:01 AM
Members

Sorry for bringing the old thread back, but I have a question - is it possible to retrofit FLA to a E60 with LM1 light module. Are there any other requirements for modules or software version? I've already done this retrofit to a '06 car with LM2, but a friend of mine has '04 E60 and asked for FLA.

Thank you!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:12 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Should be possible because I had this on my car with LM1.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:57 AM
mop
Members

I have it also in my 2004 car with LM1.. Here are a really good EBA in German from http://www.e60fanatics.de/showthread.php?t=7548 made by trancy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
FLA mit EC Nachrüsten.pdf (78.8 KB, 981 views)
Old 03-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW e60 525Da LCI White, DPF out, Front grill black, Shadow line, license plate super bright led, interior white leds;

anyone did this? i have an e60 lci with dimming and rls, alarm and i have a mirror with fla, rls, dimming but without alarm, i read that these could put in new mirror from old mirror, on e90 a memeber did this.Anyone did this retrofit please help me!
Old 06-19-2014, 12:06 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW M5

Originally Posted by BLooD
SA5AC High beam assist. Theres no FZD on the E60, FLA is the high beam assist module, it talks to the RLS (rain light sensor) and more than likely CAPPL (CCC-apps) and Chost (CCC-cpu), if you have a M-ask instead of CCC (business nav or no nav)
it`s slightly different, also I would imagine the CAS (cas access module) would need to know the FLA is there as well.

Confused?, complicated?.
I bumped another thread relating to high beam assist. I am going to bump this one, too.

Here is what I have done to my 2008 M5:

Installed correct mirror. Wired to K_CAN_SL and K_CAN_SH.

Changed the vehicle order to include $5AC in both the LMA and CAS.

Coded CCC_APP trace and changed VA_LONGDISTANCELIGHT to aktive.

I can see "high beam assist" in I-drive. But, the actual on/off of the high beam is still not working. What am I missing? Do I need to code the Kombi or something else?
Old 10-16-2014, 01:30 AM
New Members

My Ride: bmw e60

hello
I don't understand what should i do in connector X11012 from the trunk
Old 10-26-2014, 04:33 AM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've done all of the above, I can see the FLA in INPA, I can diagnose it. The vin of the module is also changed. I've added $5AC and everything is coded accordingly. My KOMBI version is 9126642 lastly updated 09.11.2007. If I try to update it with DATE V50.2 it gives me the same number, thus I didn't proceed. The FLA sensor is working, the headlights are in auto mode, but the FLA is not working at all.

P.S. When I activate the FLA in the CAPPL and if I try to turn it ON it stays for 1-2 seconds ON and then automatically switches to OFF?

Quick Reply: High Beam Assist/FLA