DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Help !! Rear Door Handle got off on my E61

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 07:49 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, i just got a 2008 520da (E61) some months ago and i´m already having several problems hope someone can help me...

When trying to open the rear door handle it just got off... i´m not shore if it is broken or if it can be fixed, can someone help ?

All comments are welcome.

Thanks.

Note: i have attached picture of the door handle for better understanding what i mean.
Attached Thumbnails Help !! Rear Door Handle got off on my E61-img_4787.jpg  
Old 09-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525d M-sport,19" staggered style 95 wheels,custom quad exhaust with modified reiger rear bumper insert,LCI front and rear lights,stage 2 custom remap, DPF removed, cat removed

Can you post pics of either end from the side?
Of the lugs that come down
Old 09-02-2012, 02:08 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Mikethepanel
Can you post pics of either end from the side?
Of the lugs that come down
Hello Mike,

Just took some new photos, hope they show what you need.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails Help !! Rear Door Handle got off on my E61-wd_1935.jpg   Help !! Rear Door Handle got off on my E61-wd_3709.jpg   Help !! Rear Door Handle got off on my E61-wd_cff2.jpg  
Old 09-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525d M-sport,19" staggered style 95 wheels,custom quad exhaust with modified reiger rear bumper insert,LCI front and rear lights,stage 2 custom remap, DPF removed, cat removed

Ok. Has the door been painted recently? Ifso the handle may have been taken out as it doesn't look broken.
Open the door.,refit the door handle by hooking the front onto its peg( silver metal sticking out of the forward hole) the push the back into its hole,look behind the seal on the door frame level with the handle there will be either one or two holes(possibly plugged by grommets)if you look down the holes one of them you should be able to see a torx 20 screw head in a type of collar. Screw it clockwise and when it gets to a certain point the handle should come back to its normal position flush with the door,tighten the screw fully and put grommets back in.

Hopefully that should sort it!
If it doesn't sent me a pm so i see it sooner
Old 09-03-2012, 01:45 AM
Members

Hello Mike, i have tried it without success, i took some more pictures that illustrate it, can you please have a look and give me your opinion.

Thanks in advance,

Paulo
Attached Thumbnails Help !! Rear Door Handle got off on my E61-1.jpg   Help !! Rear Door Handle got off on my E61-2.jpg   Help !! Rear Door Handle got off on my E61-3.jpg   Help !! Rear Door Handle got off on my E61-4.jpg  
Old 09-03-2012, 02:02 AM
Members

Refit the piece you just removed, if you look at the seal on the rear edge of the door, about level with the grommet you removed the seal separates. Pull the upper piece out and it will reveal another hole the same size as the one you took the grommet from. In that hole directly in line about 1 to 2 inches in you will see a 20 torx head screw, refit the handle like is wrote in my last post and tighten that screw

I'm at work so i can't upload any pics at the mo
Old 09-03-2012, 03:26 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Mikethepanel
Refit the piece you just removed, if you look at the seal on the rear edge of the door, about level with the grommet you removed the seal separates. Pull the upper piece out and it will reveal another hole the same size as the one you took the grommet from. In that hole directly in line about 1 to 2 inches in you will see a 20 torx head screw, refit the handle like is wrote in my last post and tighten that screw

I'm at work so i can't upload any pics at the mo
still not able to do it.. i took a photo of what i believe to be the "rear edge of the door", and i have indicated the only screw i found behind a "grommet", can you please tell if the other screw that i should find is in this picture or somewhere else in the door ??
Attached Thumbnails Help !! Rear Door Handle got off on my E61-5.jpg  
Old 09-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Members

Finlay i think i found the 2nd Hole !! Please check if this is it ? Problem now is that the only kind of screw i see is strange, i have included some new photos
Is this it ?
Attached Thumbnails Help !! Rear Door Handle got off on my E61-6.jpg   Help !! Rear Door Handle got off on my E61-7.jpg  
Old 09-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Members

Your in the right hole but thats not it. Look around in that hole and you should see another screw
Old 09-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Members

This is what you are looking for. Just to the side of what you found

Quick Reply: Help !! Rear Door Handle got off on my E61