DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Help with 04 545i eject box install

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 04:21 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello,

I am a new member that needs help with my CPT9000 eject box install. I am following mrbelks procedure. All went well until it came to plugging the eject box cable connector into the connector in the back of the console. The connector in the back of the console appears to have a protector or cap over the side where the eject box connector should plug in. I can not figure out how to remove the protector or cap? I must be missing something simple since mrbelk does not mention the step. I don't want to force it and take a chance of breaking the console connector. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 09-03-2006, 04:57 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by billeul' post='330280' date='Sep 3 2006, 08:21 AM
Hello,

I am a new member that needs help with my CPT9000 eject box install. I am following mrbelks procedure. All went well until it came to plugging the eject box cable connector into the connector in the back of the console. The connector in the back of the console appears to have a protector or cap over the side where the eject box connector should plug in. I can not figure out how to remove the protector or cap? I must be missing something simple since mrbelk does not mention the step. I don't want to force it and take a chance of breaking the console connector. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill
Look at the connector and it has a lever type latch around the connector. All you have to do is to pull this small lever up. The protector/cap will come out by itself. This is the same way to connect this connector to the eject box cable connector.

I, too, had this problem to remove the cap when I install the V3 cradle. I took me a while to figure it out.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:33 AM
Members

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I see a lever on the connector shell attached to the ejector box cable. Are you saying that I should remove that shell? I don't see an obvious lever on the console connector. Are you saying there is one there also? Top, bottom or side?

Thanks again,

Bill

Hello,

Thanks,
Bill
Old 09-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Members

Hello,

Figured it out.

Thank you,

Bill

Hello,

Thanks,
Bill
Old 09-06-2006, 03:00 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Billeul!!

do you have a description/documentation of how to install CPT9000 in full details and pictures? please give me link... thanks thanks!~ Also, about the connector thing, can you also include the pictures of what you mean by those connectors... thanks again~~