DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Headlight restore

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530XI | Black leather interior | Cold weather Package | Premium Package Exterior - M-tech kit / ACS roof spoiler / ACS trunk spoiler / Tinted Tail Lights / 20% Window tint / Matte black grills / Black roundels / Shadowline trim / 8000k headlights / 8000k foglights / LED License plate bulbs Suspension- H&R Sport Springs

I'm going to get this and try it for my headlights...I've been looking into doing this but didn't know which one to try. Mine are no where near as bad as your fogs were, but I just want them to look brand new again. So thanks for proving that this kit really works good!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Members

Only one suggestion to those of you going to try this kit out. The kit doesn't make note of "wet" sanding until you get to the last stage of sanding. In my case, the lenses were really bad and I clogged up almost all the included sandpaper on the first lens.

So my recomendation is to wet sand right from the first stage. The paper can handle it and it works much better and faster.

Also, it's MUCH easier to take the lights out of the car than to try and do it on the car... the corners are impossible to get at with the 3" sanding discs in the kit.

Anyway... good luck and believe me, you won't regret it! I don't.

Cheers....

Dom
Old 07-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

Good job!
Old 07-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mach5 05' 530i Black Sapphire Metallic w/Auburn Leather Seats, Heated Front/Rear Seats, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Pkg, Sports Pkg, Xenon Headlights, NAV, Mud Flaps, 20" 166 Style Rims
Model Year: 2005
Engine: N54

Anybody try this yet? Just wondering since there seems to be such an issue with wetsanding!

GlassyLite Premium Headlight Restoration Treatment
  • The BEST & Most Advanced Headlight Restoration Kit You Can Buy
  • KONEXIS Liquid Glass Crosslinking Nanotechnology Derived From Aerospace Applications
  • FAST & EASY. The Simple 3-Step Process Requires No Skills & No Drills
  • Replaces The Original OEM Factory Hard Coats And Offers Long Term Protection
  • Don't Be Fooled By Temporary Solutions, Requiring You To Polish Weekly
GlassyLite is a premium headlight restoration treatment. GlassyLite's secret is the breakthrough in advanced liquid glass nanotechnology, originally developed and currently synthesized in Japan for aerospace glass applications. GlassyLite is specifically formulated for polycarbonate plastics (used in all plastic headlights) to restore old dull, hazy or yellowed plastic headlamps to a new finish. Right out of the package; GlassyLite includes everything needed to perform this treatment by hand without the need for power tools or experience. First time users has reported an average of 28 minutes for both headlights. There is no other comparable headlight treatment in existence. GlassyLite is a fully R&D product developed specifically for OEM use. GlassyLite's nanosealant will increase the scratch resistance by over 300% compared to OEM coatings and stabilize the polycarbonate from further UV degradation. GlassyLite is also the most consistent in final results. Independent lab tests have shown superior optical light transmissions, highest scratch resistance, longest lasting results. Do it once and do it right.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

How funny, I just got the necessary parts to do wet sanding earlier in the week. Looking to do mine this weekend =)
Old 08-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Senior Members

Damn, i went to canadian tire here in calgary ab and couldnt find it...
Old 08-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

good job!! thanks for sharing the info
Old 08-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i Black/ Smoked LED side markers/ CF kidney Grille/ Shadowline Trim/Miro 346 V2/General Exclaim 19"/CF Badges/H&R Sport Springs/ Koni FSD shocks/struts/R1 Concepts Drilled & Slotted Rotors/ Hawk Pads/ Mtec V2 lights/

I bought that kit from AutoZone for 22.99. My headlights have some rough spot on them, i will take some pics and figure out how to post them. If this kit can get these scratches out, its worth twice the money!
Old 08-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, Premium Package, Navigation, Comfort Access, L7 Sound 2004 FX35, Sports Package, Stillen CAI

Originally Posted by gbaty0001' post='970499' date='Aug 9 2009, 09:18 PM
I bought that kit from AutoZone for 22.99. My headlights have some rough spot on them, i will take some pics and figure out how to post them. If this kit can get these scratches out, its worth twice the money!

I need to do mine also... Hope you can post the pics.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:47 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2004 545iA stock

Dcaranci, great job! are the fogs a bugger to remove?

Quick Reply: Headlight restore