DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

H&r vS. Eibach

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which springs ride better?
Old 04-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Many members will say Eibach. Ride quality will not suffer with this spring.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:32 PM
Senior Members

You're the second person who has told me this, will i need to add camber kits for inner tire wear. there are two eibach springs which are the better for our car?
Old 05-01-2006, 11:23 AM
Contributors

I think there is pro kit available for e60

drops 1.2 in front and back

From Eibach, there are pro kit and sport kit which provides lower drop means more pressure to the shocks.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Forgot that I actually posted here.

The only thing that is recommended/required is an alignment after the drop. Can anyone else verify this?
Old 05-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Members

My Ride: '06 BMW 550i MSport, Carbon Black,20" Vossen CV-1's,Remus,RPi scoop,H&R. '07 Porsche 997 C4S with Aerokit,iForged 20",X51 engine upgrade,PCCB's,Guards Red.

I have ordered Vogtlund springs for my car.Any one heard any good,bad or indifferent comments on these?
They say they are good for a 30mm drop in their catalogue.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bj545i' post='278920' date='May 7 2006, 01:37 AM
I have ordered Vogtlund springs for my car.Any one heard any good,bad or indifferent comments on these?
They say they are good for a 30mm drop in their catalogue.

I've heard about the alignment after the drop. I will do so.

Thanks
Old 05-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Members

My Ride: '11 535i Space Grey Met. w/ Blk Dakota Leather, Executive Package, M-Sport Package, Dynamic Handling Package, 35% tint '06 525i Titanium Silver (retired) Premium pkg, PDC, Logic 7, adaptive headlights std. items - xenons, cold weather pkg mods so far - red euro reflectors, UGDO & compass rearview mirror, 35% tint, H&R Sport Springs, 18" style 124 OEM rims

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='279609' date='May 8 2006, 03:24 PM
I've heard about the alignment after the drop. I will do so.

Thanks

Yes, you have to get an alignment after the springs are installed. Otherwise, you will wear out your tires very quickly. Both the shop that installed my springs and the dealer confirmed this.

I'm using the H&R Sport Springs which give a drop of 1.4" on the front and 1.3" on the back. I don't find them harsh at all and I'm very happy with the ride and handling (which is now great). The car also looks way better!

If you use the Pro-Kit or the H&R's, a regular alignment is fine and will work. If you lower the car more (eg. H&R Race, Eibach Race) then the camber will not be in spec and you will probably end up needing a camber kit to bring the camber back into spec again.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jlgjwu' post='280141' date='May 9 2006, 07:13 PM
Yes, you have to get an alignment after the springs are installed. Otherwise, you will wear out your tires very quickly. Both the shop that installed my springs and the dealer confirmed this.

I'm using the H&R Sport Springs which give a drop of 1.4" on the front and 1.3" on the back. I don't find them harsh at all and I'm very happy with the ride and handling (which is now great). The car also looks way better!

If you use the Pro-Kit or the H&R's, a regular alignment is fine and will work. If you lower the car more (eg. H&R Race, Eibach Race) then the camber will not be in spec and you will probably end up needing a camber kit to bring the camber back into spec again.

Which springs will give me the least tire wear, i know from experience that i will get very bad tire wear from dropping my car, will eibach pro sport or the H&R

Thanks
Old 05-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Members

My Ride: '11 535i Space Grey Met. w/ Blk Dakota Leather, Executive Package, M-Sport Package, Dynamic Handling Package, 35% tint '06 525i Titanium Silver (retired) Premium pkg, PDC, Logic 7, adaptive headlights std. items - xenons, cold weather pkg mods so far - red euro reflectors, UGDO & compass rearview mirror, 35% tint, H&R Sport Springs, 18" style 124 OEM rims

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='280738' date='May 10 2006, 05:53 PM
Which springs will give me the least tire wear, i know from experience that i will get very bad tire wear from dropping my car, will eibach pro sport or the H&R

Thanks
After talking with the dealer service advisor when he did my alignment, he indicated that you will not get any accelerated tire wear as long as your wheel alignment is within the factory specs. With the H&R springs, my car was able to still stay within factory alignment specs. Based on this, he said that tire wear will be normal not taking into account that since the car handles better, I tend to now corner faster

Based on this, there shouldn't be any difference which springs you choose to use as long as the alignment brings everything back in to factory specs. That's what the dealer told me anyways.... Besides, we realy are not dropping the car that much.

I've read and talked to people that say positive and negative things about both springs. I ended up choosing the H&R because the dealer I bought my car from is familiar with the H&R's and offers them as a performance upgrade on all new BMW's they sell. As such, they indicated that the H&R's would not screw up my warranty in any way. On the other hand, they didn't know anything about the Eibach. Hence, I decided to go with the H&R's. H&R's are supposed to be more performance oriented but not as good on the ride (from what I've read). All I can say is that I'm happy with the way the car handles (with stock shocks) and ride to me, is absolutely fine.

Quick Reply: H&r vS. Eibach