DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

grill removal quick and no grazed knuckles

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010 | 12:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by healthservices
If you cannot get it off using the nice hard tug then you will have to go the long route removing the top bolts, did you see the other method I used to remove the grille using feeler gauges?

https://5series.net/forums/topic/105...st__p__1252248
Thanks for that healthservices. I've tried a similar way. I have removed the 5 torx screws and tried with a 90 degree tool (my trustee old bent screwdriver) maybe I didn't try hard enough. I don't really have much patience! But I've not seen that thread before thanx for that mate. I'll try again over the weekend cheers
Old 10-15-2010 | 12:55 AM
Members

If you cannot get it off using the nice hard tug then you will have to go the long route removing the top bolts, did you see the other method I used to remove the grille using feeler gauges?

Thanks for that healthservices. I've tried a similar way. I have removed the 5 torx screws and tried with a 90 degree tool (my trustee old bent screwdriver) maybe I didn't try hard enough. I don't really have much patience! But I've not seen that thread before thanx for that mate. I'll try again over the weekend cheers
Old 10-15-2010 | 12:55 AM
Members

Old 10-15-2010 | 12:56 AM
Members

Old 10-15-2010 | 12:11 PM
Members

sorry about the previous reply. After submitting the first reply i got a message something along the lines of "could not communicate with host server" or something like that so repeated it and received the same message and repeated once more finally succeeding. But now ive just noticed i have replied THREE times!!! cant find an option to edit it so cant remove!!!!
Old 10-15-2010 | 04:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

thats for the tip will do my very soon with smoke black
Old 10-20-2010 | 02:30 PM
Members

Hi people
This morning I thought i'll have another go since im off work for a few days. Went out and it was bloody freezing, there was ice on the windscreen (first of this winters frost here in the midlands) and I was just about to turn back round and go home when I thought its now or never, and since i was in the mood i went for it and finally got the wreched things off!!!!............ couldnt have done it without my gloves and a crooked length of metal with a loop at the end which i found in the garage of my new build when i moved in earlier in the year and kept it thinking it could be something fallen out of the garage door, if not then one day it may come in handy and today was the day!!!!
Sanded it down, primered it and have spent all evening spraying it at regular intervals. Just finished last coat and will check it in the morning.
Thanks again for everyones help
Old 10-20-2010 | 06:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by biggurs
Hi people
This morning I thought i'll have another go since im off work for a few days. Went out and it was bloody freezing, there was ice on the windscreen (first of this winters frost here in the midlands) and I was just about to turn back round and go home when I thought its now or never, and since i was in the mood i went for it and finally got the wreched things off!!!!............ couldnt have done it without my gloves and a crooked length of metal with a loop at the end which i found in the garage of my new build when i moved in earlier in the year and kept it thinking it could be something fallen out of the garage door, if not then one day it may come in handy and today was the day!!!!
Sanded it down, primered it and have spent all evening spraying it at regular intervals. Just finished last coat and will check it in the morning.
Thanks again for everyones help
congrats on the mod
wow freezing already, I wonder what it is like at Warwick.
it is 24c in HK right now with a Super Typhoon coming this weekend
http://www.hko.gov.hk/wxinfo/currwx/tc_gis_e.htm
Old 10-24-2010 | 03:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Silver A08. CF Kidney Grills, Vossen CV1's 20x9, 20x10.5, wrapped with Hankook Evo's, RPI exhaust, ACS trunk spoiler, K&N Filter, CF Front Splitter, Updated Lighting interior and out (HID's and LED's), rear LCI Conversion w/V6.1 cables (Ricky Effect).

Thanks for the tip. Just installed my CF grills. Perfect! 10 mins top.
Old 11-06-2010 | 10:18 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Black. Premium, Sport, Winter packages. PDC.

Just put mine in today also. Only took about 15 min. Didn't have to remove torque screws either because I didn't have one. So I had to do the "yank" method as posted. Thanks for the tips guys.
Attached Thumbnails grill removal quick and no grazed knuckles-black-grill3.jpg   grill removal quick and no grazed knuckles-black-grill-4.jpg  

Quick Reply: grill removal quick and no grazed knuckles