DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

FRONT LIGHTS....CLEAR LIGHTS? CHANGING AMBER

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IVE NOTICED MANY PPL HAVE MADE THEIR LIGHTS IN THE FRONT CLEAR MEANING THE AMBER REFLECTOR IS NOT THERE!!! HOW IN THE WORLD DID U GUYS DO THAT LOL PLEASE HELP OR REFER ME TO WHERE I CAN BUY THE FRONT LIGHTS I HAAAAAAAAAATE THE AMBER MARKER THANKS EVERYONE
Old 07-10-2005, 01:19 AM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, qtrii6 ! those are the members outside the states. you have to change the whole headlight in order to get rid of the amber reflectors and it'll be very pricey :'(.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:53 AM
Members

i have relatives in germany imma see if they can bring me the head lights for cheap price i think it costs abou 200 euros anyone want me to take orders lol
Old 07-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Senior Members

before you order them, make sure you know the correct part numbers. i kind of remember someone in the forum mentioned xenon and non-xenon have two different part numbers. they have different housings.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Jul 10 2005, 06:50 PM
before you order them, make sure you know the correct part numbers.? i kind of remember someone in the forum mentioned xenon and non-xenon have two different part numbers.? they have different housings.
[snapback]147688[/snapback]

yeah thanks i def need to call bmw and see whats the story with them i actually found several of them on ebay.de but i cant read germany hahaha .........thanks for welcoming me to this site im very fond of everyone here .......are there any other sites i can read up on?
Old 07-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Senior Members

you can certainly ask you dealer about the part number but i'm not sure if they'll install them for you just because they're illegal in the states. other sites? you mean other bmw sites or something else? if you are talking about e60, you don't have to look further. here is by far the best .
Old 07-10-2005, 04:41 PM
Members

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Jul 10 2005, 07:00 PM
you can certainly ask you dealer about the part number but i'm not sure if they'll install them for you just because they're illegal in the states.? other sites?? you mean other bmw sites or something else?? if you are talking about e60, you don't have to look further.? here is by far the best .
[snapback]147694[/snapback]
why in the world are they illegal in the states? all its missing is the orange marker =) yeah the sites i was reffering to are e60 sites.......this site seems to be the one and only..........i wonder how the front lights will look if i change the bulb i mean the pics arent that clear from the old post that i saw
Old 07-10-2005, 04:54 PM
Senior Members

i think all cars require some sort of amber reflectors in the front. it's the law :'(. the old 3 series (e46) has clear headlights but they have couple ugly amber reflectors on both sides of the bumper . the new 3 (e90) are the same as our e60, no reflectors on the bumper but in the headlight housings . you mean change the signal bulbs or headlight bulbs ?
Old 07-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Members

I mentioned in another post that I have a set of Clear adaptive xenon headlights complete with bulbs and ballasts that I am selling for $1000 because I cant replace my halogens....
Old 07-11-2005, 02:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by qtrII6' date='Jul 10 2005, 04:55 PM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Jul 10 2005, 06:50 PM']before you order them, make sure you know the correct part numbers.? i kind of remember someone in the forum mentioned xenon and non-xenon have two different part numbers.? they have different housings.
[snapback]147688[/snapback]

yeah thanks i def need to call bmw and see whats the story with them i actually found several of them on ebay.de but i cant read germany hahaha .........thanks for welcoming me to this site im very fond of everyone here .......are there any other sites i can read up on?
[snapback]147690[/snapback]
[/quote]

Click on the link below to my post about the lights I ordered from eBay.de. There are a few different versions of the lights and you have to know which exact one they are selling. I knew exactly what I needed and still got the wrong one because the seller basically lied in his eBay listing. Follow this link for the whole story:

>>>>>Click Here<<<<<

Quick Reply: FRONT LIGHTS....CLEAR LIGHTS? CHANGING AMBER