DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

emergency need help with Sprintbooster install

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 04:44 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys i'm trying to install a SB right now but I somehow just cant figure it out. I cant get the covering bit underr the gas pedal to come off. How do you remove this? I tried using a screwdriver and try to lift it off but it can't and i'm afraid if I use too much force, it'll break the cover or mess up the inside. Advice instruction please...
Old 10-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 BMW 525i Premium Package, Xenon Lighting Package, manual Transmission. Titanium Grey, 20% Tint around the back, 70% V-Kool on front. Planned mods: Style 71 wheels with Toyo Proxy 4 tires, Sachs suspension upgrade, upgraded stereo, and many more to come.

there's a bolt that you need to remove, i think it's a hex bolt that once you remove it the assembly just snaps off.
http://www.sprint-booster.co.uk/sprint_boo...tting_guide.pdf

i think you need like an metric size allen wrench to remove it
Old 10-22-2007, 04:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aznunknownx' post='484785' date='Oct 22 2007, 08:44 PM
Hey guys i'm trying to install a SB right now but I somehow just cant figure it out. I cant get the covering bit underr the gas pedal to come off. How do you remove this? I tried using a screwdriver and try to lift it off but it can't and i'm afraid if I use too much force, it'll break the cover or mess up the inside. Advice instruction please...
There is a small round black cover ( It's the size of a screw ) on the bottom black plastic part of the pedal when you are facing the pedal. with the point of a knife lift the small black plastic cover and under that plastic black cover you will find the screw. unscrew it and then slide lift the whole pedal piece upward then tilt it to the left so you can unhook the connector.

after you connect the Sprintbooster start the car to see if everything is OK before you put everything back in place ( if you get an error code disconnect and connect it the other way )

Hope this helps
Old 10-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Senior Members

ok i've got it on but after I installed it i got the engine error message on the screen. the gas pedal doesnt even work when i press it down... what's the problem here?
Old 10-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aznunknownx' post='484806' date='Oct 22 2007, 09:19 PM
ok i've got it on but after I installed it i got the engine error message on the screen. the gas pedal doesnt even work when i press it down... what's the problem here?
If I'm not mistaken the single piece connects to the gas pedal and the end with the square connects to the car ( The connector that connects to the gas pedal is easy just align up the numbers - use a flashlight to see ) the part that connect to the car since it gave you a error message just disconnect rotate and connect again then start the car and see if everyhing is OK
Old 10-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 5er Sport' post='484813' date='Oct 22 2007, 06:39 PM
If I'm not mistaken the single piece connects to the gas pedal and the end with the square connects to the car ( The connector that connects to the gas pedal is easy just align up the numbers - use a flashlight to see ) the part that connect to the car since it gave you a error message just disconnect rotate and connect again then start the car and see if everyhing is OK
Ok i got that working but the error message still wont go away. Its still on eventhough the SB is now working, the throttle does feel more sensitive as it would rev to really high rpm when i press it down... anyone have this problem? running SB with the error message on. I think i've connected each part correctly, and connected it as you instructed. with the numbers and stuff
Old 10-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Check the PINS in your Sprint Booster. Make sure none of the pins are bent. If they are, bend them back and retry. This exact situation happened recently to another member and this was the issue.

Let me know if that works.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='484819' date='Oct 22 2007, 10:00 PM
Check the PINS in your Sprint Booster. Make sure none of the pins are bent. If they are, bend them back and retry. This exact situation happened recently to another member and this was the issue.

Let me know if that works.

Just like C said check the pins and that should do it.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 5er Sport' post='484821' date='Oct 22 2007, 07:02 PM
Just like C said check the pins and that should do it.
this is odd, i've taken it apart again just now and double checked each side of the pins whether or not they're bent. They seem perfectly fine to me... Does the bend have to be significant to affect the engine error? Again, the throttle does work but the error is still on.... a bit confused here....
Old 10-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Senior Members

ok i've just taken it apart again and plugged it back in, i dont know what happen but the error message went away. But the yellow sign is still on (I think this is the engine oil level sign?) Is this a problem?

Quick Reply: emergency need help with Sprintbooster install