DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

E60\E61 Aircon Blower Motor Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 10:13 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sry not reset it but reseat it .
but which fuse , as ive taken and put back vitually every fuse in glove box compartment .
Old 06-09-2012, 02:14 PM
New Members

helloooooo anyone here ???
please heeelp ..
Old 10-15-2012, 03:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i

Many thanks to JasonH! I replaced my blower motor on the weekend as it was making too much noise. The DIY was excellent!!! It surely would have taken me twice as long without the directions and pictures.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:34 AM
New Members

HI Jason,

Thanks for awesome detail, please see my problematic damaged plastic dash strip on my 2006 BMW E60 530D, would you kindly advise where to start and where to be careful when one tries to remove/replace this piece?
Attached Thumbnails E60\E61 Aircon Blower Motor Replacement-damaged-dash-panel-2006-bmw-e60-530d.jpg  
Old 03-04-2013, 01:23 PM
New Members

Jason - many many thanks for the great guide! Thanks to you I was able to replace my own blower motor - it had a large section of circular fan missing (!!) on one side which was causing my a/c to sound like a jet fighter taking off!! I have to admit - there was one point at which I was thinking to myself: have I broken the car...am I going to be able to put all this stuff back together?!!

A couple of observations from me:
- Don't bother waiting 15 mins for the car to go to sleep; in my experience it just doesn't happen with key in ignition.
- Take lots of photos along the way
- It's really a 9-10 hour job and you will need a second pair of hands at various points for wiggly bits

Well worth doing though if you have a noisy a/c and if you're not afraid of rolling your sleeves up!
Old 06-22-2013, 12:04 PM
New Members

Thanks so much for this guide. There were some differences on my 2007 LCI, but with help from this guide I did the job in 3 hours.

I didn't remove the glove box or the drivers side trim. Managed to wiggle the air ducts out from the center.

Again - Thanks!
Old 12-16-2013, 03:19 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60 530i 2004
Default electricity issues

I am going to dismantle the dash and do the same, BUT the question is:
After dismantling and before putting in the new blower motor and stuff is it possible to drive the car meanwhile? I mean - can there be any electronical error issues if I drive the car without computer (CCC, blower etc..) ??
Old 06-29-2014, 04:06 PM
New Members

My Ride: bmw 550i

Hello everybody ,

I have a BMW 550i 2007 and I'm facing a problem with A/C.
It seems the blower has problems but I'm not sure about it.
When I turn the ventilation ON , there is no noise. When I turn the A/C I can hear a little noise coming frmo the center console. Reading all the posts , I believe it's the blower , but shouldn't I hear it when only the ventilation is ON ?

Can somebody help me with ideias / sugestions ?

Tks in advance and sorry for my english ( writing from Brazil ) .
Old 06-30-2014, 12:45 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60 530i 2004

Check fuses. Otherwise I believe your motor is down. Recently had to change it myself. A little tricky but doable in one day if you have had any experience with technical stuff. somewhere here is an awesome step-by-step pdf guide. use that.

the motor itself can be purchased new or actually it can be fixed with reasonable cost. I had it fixed and it's perfect.

Originally Posted by elinton_lazzuri
Hello everybody ,

I have a BMW 550i 2007 and I'm facing a problem with A/C.
It seems the blower has problems but I'm not sure about it.
When I turn the ventilation ON , there is no noise. When I turn the A/C I can hear a little noise coming frmo the center console. Reading all the posts , I believe it's the blower , but shouldn't I hear it when only the ventilation is ON ?

Can somebody help me with ideias / sugestions ?

Tks in advance and sorry for my english ( writing from Brazil ) .
Old 07-14-2014, 08:23 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2004 530i

Great write up and pics. took me total about 2 hours over 2 days no hurry. Did not need to remove the left duct on mine saved me some time. Thx

Quick Reply: E60\E61 Aircon Blower Motor Replacement