DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

DIY for headlights, fog lights, and Angel Eyes.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 330ci cab - Jet Black - Black Leather - Premium Pkg - Sport Pkg - Auto - Heated Seats - Navigation - Xenon - Premium Sound - iPod - Bluetooth

I decided this was the weekend that I would install all the lights I purchased from forum member brabusw209amg (John). I wasn't into it very far when I realized I had a lot of unanswered questions. So, I found myself coming back to the computer searching for more info. In the end, I used most of John's DIY for replacing headlights. I took lots of pictures along the way of my install.

I thought others might find it helpful to have one DIY for replacing headlights, fog lights, and angel eyes all at the same time. I did this today by removing the headlamps.

I also need to thank forum members Bedford530i and JRV550i, as I used some of their photos and instructions.

I am attaching the instructions as a PDF, I hope members find this helpful.

DIY_for_replacing_headlights_fogs_angeleyes_in_the_e60.pdf

None of these mods would be possible without our forum members. Thanks to everyone. Hmmm, I think it's time I made another donation to the forum!
Old 01-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Contributors

GREAT JOB!! All in one place.

Future forum members who tackle these mods should appreciate your work! Maybe Rudy should post the pdf in the info section?
Old 01-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 525D M Sport, Carbon Black with Natural Brown Leather. Media Pack.

Great job man!
You obviously took a lot of effot over refining the "how to" as well.

I think, from discussion withJohn, this guide will apply to HID OEM cars, and not a halogen headlamp LCI car like mine. ~Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me could confirm?
Old 01-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Great DIY!
Old 01-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Great job and great DIY!!
Old 01-25-2010, 03:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 330ci cab - Jet Black - Black Leather - Premium Pkg - Sport Pkg - Auto - Heated Seats - Navigation - Xenon - Premium Sound - iPod - Bluetooth

Originally Posted by fastfrank' post='1096913' date='Jan 24 2010, 04:23 PM
Great job man!
You obviously took a lot of effot over refining the "how to" as well.

I think, from discussion withJohn, this guide will apply to HID OEM cars, and not a halogen headlamp LCI car like mine. ~Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me could confirm?
I should have mentioned that my car is a e60 Pre-LCI with Xenons.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Senior Members

so you must have retrofitted the LCI lights you have on the pics?
Old 01-26-2010, 01:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mmitev' post='1097820' date='Jan 25 2010, 05:24 PM
so you must have retrofitted the LCI lights you have on the pics?
I apologize, I am not sure what you mean. The only LCI lights I have on my car are replica LED tail lights, and they were a simple plug n' play.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:02 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

great DIY! As for the angel eyes, no pliers are needed. If your headlight is out, drop the angel eye bulb in and wiggle it into the hole. literally takes me 5 seconds to wiggle it in. If I am lazy enough not to remove the headlights, i can still install it without any tools. u need to use 2 fingers and one hand.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:36 AM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

Do any of you guys have a DIY for angel eyes for a 2007 525i with xenon. I want to upgrade my angel eyes i already have the oem ones that are yellow. I was wondering what i need just the bulbs? How do i get at them to replace them? And which bulbs should I buy seems like there is all sorts of brands which ones are the best and most cost effective? Thanks for the input in advance

Quick Reply: DIY for headlights, fog lights, and Angel Eyes.