DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

DIY: E60 Sport Automatic Retrofit Redux

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 09:40 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i
Model Year: 2011

Fixed: I was coding with the .MAN file setting selected in NCSExpert. Once i switched to the profile with .MAN file un checked and then programmed via ncsexpert, the factory default coding was used. Since I had my CAS and LMA enabled with the right options, it automatically set the COMBI for SAT. Now i see SPORT when i press the button AND get Throttle Blips!
Old 07-12-2014, 07:27 AM
New Members

My Ride: 530ix
Model Year: 2020

is there anyway to add the sport button without changing out the shifter? I had seen some sort of button mod on ebay awhile back. Or can I change the ECU portion but no the shifter?
Old 07-13-2014, 10:36 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530e Alpine White
Model Year: 2017

@funglenn: Check out this post https://5series.net/forums/e60-parts...3/#post1387780. A member named hermman AFAIK has modded a standard shift box to a sport shift box.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:53 PM
New Members

thanks-- I need a bit of clarification.

I am getting my transmission flashed, by someone, but they do not plan to update the VO. Will I have problems later? They have done it to other cars, but not sure about any error message later on--they just know it works and the transmission sport one.

I do plan to do the shifter piece later. Please help before I take it in! thanks. appreciate any input.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:33 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by funglenn
thanks-- I need a bit of clarification.

I am getting my transmission flashed, by someone, but they do not plan to update the VO. Will I have problems later? They have done it to other cars, but not sure about any error message later on--they just know it works and the transmission sport one.

I do plan to do the shifter piece later. Please help before I take it in! thanks. appreciate any input.
You should be fine. It will always be in sport mode when you push the shifter to the left.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:34 PM
New Members

anyone know how to read the current module flash number in the EGS? what do I use?
Old 09-06-2014, 02:19 PM
New Members

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by leew88
There won't be because don't need to code the SZL for this retrofit. Just code the KOMBI, remove $205 and code in $2TB option and you will get the SPORT logo displayed. To get the full benefit of SAT you need to flash the EGS to the $2TB firmware, otherwise you only get heavier steering and with no other benefits.
I flashed my transmission but how do I code KOMBI? I tried same process to change vehicle order by do not get FA_write for KOMBI as an option.

Of note I got no errors in flashing but I am afraid that I will have issues as I have no paddles but would like sport displayed in dash... Thoughts?

Thanks
Old 04-08-2015, 11:53 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW e60

Hello, my car is an E60 10/2008 with N43 B20A engine and automatic gear box.
I have retrofit a SAT/2TB with sport button and M5 steering wheel with paddles.
I have make the wiring for paddles (pins 12 & 13 form SZL to 10 & 11 at EBOX) and coding but I haven't t find a way to flash the EGS, I know that BMW has no available this option for 2 liter engine.
The result is that paddles are working as far as I move the gear shift from D position to M/S,
Typically as I know the paddles working as far as you press down or up button at D position.
Has anyone any solution about this topic?
Thank you, Prokopis.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:51 PM
Members

Just did this retrofit on my dad's 2010 535i as a gift.

Absolutely transforms the character of the car! Even more enjoyable than I was expecting.

I was able to flash the GKE according to terra's post (#31), and code an updated VO to the KOMBI so 'Sport' shows up in the cluster. I also coded the KGM with the SAT-appropriate steering values (see below).

Thanks a bunch to noquarter and terra (and the others from the original thread) to compile all the information in making this a relatively straightforward retrofit, even with my novice coding skills!

I coded the KGM with the updated VO as well to see what the new steering values would be, and decided to keep them this way as it corresponds to a more 'factory correct' retrofit. These are the new values (1 row is replaced by 3 for each of the 2 steering values):

GESCHWIN_WERTE_SPORT_KGM
wert_02
wert_05
wert_06

STROMWERTE_SPORT_KGM
wert_02
wert_05
wert_06

I believe the three values are the steps between which assist transitions at various speeds. At standstill/parking lot speeds, steering is much milder than the 'default' sport wert_01 setting. At speed, however, it tightens up significantly, and of course this is what we want when carving canyons. Maybe setting it to single-row wert_02 values is best here, and that's likely what I'd do if it were my car, but in this case, I opted to go for a 'stock' retrofit.

Last edited by yakev724; 11-03-2015 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:15 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

I have made these changes and I like it.

wert_02
wert_05
wert_06

STROMWERTE_SPORT_KGM
wert_02
wert_05
wert_06

So now I am wondering what Active Steering is compared to this? The amount of assist is changing with the speed of the car... isn't that what Active Steering is?

Quick Reply: DIY: E60 Sport Automatic Retrofit Redux