DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Diversity Amplifier Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jay did replacing the amp help with the key reception?

I can only lock/unlock the car when standing right next to it, highly annoying! Don't want to splash out on a new amp only to find it doesn't fix the problem.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '06 530xi

Originally Posted by azstar

I can only lock/unlock the car when standing right next to it, highly annoying! Don't want to splash out on a new amp only to find it doesn't fix the problem.
That was the issue with my comfort access before replacing the amp.

Once I replaced the amp, I've been able to use the remote from the second floor of my house and basement!

Do it now! Don't even wait.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Contributors

Yeap had exactly the same problem, took it in to the stealers 6 months back to get it sorted under warrenty and they just replaced my keys , the SA tried to tell me the reception of the key is picked up from the clown nose...wanted to punch him on his clown nose lol its got progressively worse to the point where I could only lock / unlock if i stood next to the back window, so decided to replace it, glad I did..

I see your based in the uk, look in the classified section here a forum member is selling one cheaper then the stealers....

Originally Posted by blinkme_210
That was the issue with my comfort access before replacing the amp.

Once I replaced the amp, I've been able to use the remote from the second floor of my house and basement!

Do it now! Don't even wait.
+1 this guide makes it so easy. Ive been getting strange looks from the neighbours testing how far it will unlock / lock from
Old 03-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Members

Thanks Jay - I have PM'd for the amp on the classified section

This is the one thing that really pees me off with this car, constantly struggling to lock and unlock it. I can be standing in fron of the boot, hands full and it wont open unless I raise my hand near the windscreen Not much point in having a remote if its easier to just use a key lol.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:48 AM
Members

EPIC FAIL!!

Installed the amp today - it's the wrong frequency so it didn't work. My keys are marked as 868mhz, the amp is 315mhz by the looks of things

Anyone in need of a nerly new diversity amp...?
Old 03-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Contributors

EPIC FAIL!!

Installed the amp today - it's the wrong frequency so it didn't work. My keys are marked as 868mhz, the amp is 315mhz by the looks of things

Anyone in need of a nerly new diversity amp...?
Sorry to hear, if your keys marked 868mhz then you need the 65.20.9.193.832 version
Old 03-19-2011, 07:42 AM
Members

Thanks Jay. I'll pick one up from the stealers next time I'm there.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I did this yesterday for a completely different reason. But my recommendation is to only tackle the front clips (those facing the rear screen). Don't bother about the rear clips.

Easiest way to do this is to hold the end of the aerial on the side of the middle brake light. Then start undoing the front clips while pulling down slightly, when all the fronts are out the part will just slide out to the front.

Putting the new one in is easy too, just line up the part with the rear clips and then push up to snap in the front clips.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Oh, if you are doing this in a hope to get DAB - STOP. Read my other thread.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 525D M-SPORT // Grey // SB attached

Thanks Jay. I'll pick one up from the stealers next time I'm there.
How much do these cost ? Want to change it but won't if it's too much. A nice to have really ...

Quick Reply: Diversity Amplifier Replacement