DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

DENSION 500 Coding by Autologic for M-Ask ( single CD)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 09:01 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have finally wired/connected the DENSION 500 Gatway Module for connecting my IPOD . Now to get it working I need to code the car to accept Ipod retrofit option.
From various posts I got to know that you can do the coding using autologic. (Since there is no actual Ipod kit purchase BMW stealership refused to code the car for me )
I have access to autologic through indy shop although the owner does not want to spend the time and effort to check with Autologic to find out how to do it . Can anybody point me to correct instructions or step by step guide in using Autologic to code for dension.

Anil
Old 03-14-2011, 08:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 M5

I was able to do it with NCS Expert on my CCC module. It should be the same with the MASK module if you want to give it a shot.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 528IA

Originally Posted by 545ier
I was able to do it with NCS Expert on my CCC module. It should be the same with the MASK module if you want to give it a shot.
Would you please post the steps used. Regards
Old 05-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

I'm intrested as well. I'd like to get the dension 500, but I have cd player with no mp3 or ipod connector
Old 05-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i

I got the iPod working through my Dension using NCSExpert. I am still trying to get the bluetooth menu to show up on iDrive so I can use the Dension's bluetooth.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by pranil
I have finally wired/connected the DENSION 500 Gatway Module for connecting my IPOD . Now to get it working I need to code the car to accept Ipod retrofit option.
From various posts I got to know that you can do the coding using autologic. (Since there is no actual Ipod kit purchase BMW stealership refused to code the car for me )
I have access to autologic through indy shop although the owner does not want to spend the time and effort to check with Autologic to find out how to do it . Can anybody point me to correct instructions or step by step guide in using Autologic to code for dension.

Anil
I was able to get is done. I had to contact Autologic to get step by step instructions .
if anybody is interested I can post them here. It is very simple and takes couple of key presses only
Old 06-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Members

I was able to get is done. I had to contact Autologic to get step by step instructions .
if anybody is interested I can post them here. It is very simple and takes couple of key presses only

please do tell
Old 06-24-2011, 02:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by javan
please do tell
Attached are the instruction from Dension
I was able to code my 2006 E60 with MASK receiver ( Single DVD - NO Nav) to play MPŁ from IPOD and USB ( I prefer USB as the navigation is by folder)
Any other HELP please contact me as I used the Autologic myself and did the install myself so collected a great deal worth of information .

Was it worth it - Every bit - The quality is much better compared to AUX in -
BTW I also upgraded the sub amplifier to 4 channel and added a JBL boot sub - from the deafult;t 40 watt to 100 Watt per channel it was also worth the upgrade . Makes now the sound much more balanced.
Attached Files
Old 06-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Members

Attached are the instruction from Dension
I was able to code my 2006 E60 with MASK receiver ( Single DVD - NO Nav) to play MPŁ from IPOD and USB ( I prefer USB as the navigation is by folder)
Any other HELP please contact me as I used the Autologic myself and did the install myself so collected a great deal worth of information .

Was it worth it - Every bit - The quality is much better compared to AUX in -
BTW I also upgraded the sub amplifier to 4 channel and added a JBL boot sub - from the deafult;t 40 watt to 100 Watt per channel it was also worth the upgrade . Makes now the sound much more balanced.
Hello Sir,
i see that you offered some info on this so was hoping you can help me. I just installed Gateway 500 with bluetooth in my 2005 e60 545i. I have a dual slot (CD and DVD) with NAVI. i know someone that has autologic tool and wanted to go there tomorrow to have it coded. Right now my CD/DVD does not read MP3s. I wanted to have it coded with Autologic so my Gateway shows up in idrive with text. Can you please help me on steps what i need to do...thanks so much
Old 06-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Members

Put the gateway in Bypass mode . programmed using autologic

Attached are step by step instructions
Attached Files

Quick Reply: DENSION 500 Coding by Autologic for M-Ask ( single CD)