DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Cradle connections

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 03:05 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: -Current- 535d Sport LCI Bi-Xenon Adaptive Lights, S.A.T, Professional SatNav, Logic7, Elec Memory seats, iPod interface, 19" Alloys WITHOUT RUNFLATS! CIC and Combox Retrofit, White Angel Eyes, Speed in Centre console. -Previous- Mini Cooper S 525d Tourer Auto

Hi All,

I am looking to follow others in making my own cradle for connecting my Qtek 9100 (Made by HTC). I am looking for a way of connecting the aerial and power but would like to know what the other connectors are for (i.e. mic would be useful).

Also anyone created one of these yet?

Can anyone (Rudy?) provide these or a link to other forums (sorry i am really crap at searches - can never find wat i need)

If i have to modify a cradle to fit, does anyone know the best one to use?

Cheers for the help.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Does this thread help?

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=2709
Old 09-21-2006, 07:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: -Current- 535d Sport LCI Bi-Xenon Adaptive Lights, S.A.T, Professional SatNav, Logic7, Elec Memory seats, iPod interface, 19" Alloys WITHOUT RUNFLATS! CIC and Combox Retrofit, White Angel Eyes, Speed in Centre console. -Previous- Mini Cooper S 525d Tourer Auto

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='337002' date='Sep 21 2006, 01:30 PM

Thats exactly what i mean! Its what i want i just cannot find it! Cheers Rudy.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='337002' date='Sep 21 2006, 01:30 PM

Rudy,

Do you (or anyone) have the pin outs for the cradle itself? I am sure i could find it by the diagrams provided, but if there is one already, it would save me trying to work them all out as i'd rather butcher a phone cradle than replace or buther the bit the cradle plugs into...

I can see the pin outs for the connector blocks going to the cradle but no further.

Cheers.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:39 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by Darron.Lowe' post='336973' date='Sep 21 2006, 12:05 PM
Hi All,

I am looking to follow others in making my own cradle for connecting my Qtek 9100 (Made by HTC). I am looking for a way of connecting the aerial and power but would like to know what the other connectors are for (i.e. mic would be useful).

Also anyone created one of these yet?

Can anyone (Rudy?) provide these or a link to other forums (sorry i am really crap at searches - can never find wat i need)

If i have to modify a cradle to fit, does anyone know the best one to use?

Cheers for the help.
Been there, done that and helped others too.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?show...23924&hl=p910i

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=28198&hl=v800
Old 09-21-2006, 11:44 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='337238' date='Sep 21 2006, 11:39 PM

I did see these posts previously. You had the added benifit of retrofittig a Sony Ericsson phone holder to a Sony Ericsson Cradle so all connectors are relativly similar. I do not know of anything similar to my phone

I do have a Nokia 6320i Cradle i used to prove a fault with my car kit and i will be dismantling it at somepoint to get some more ideas, but it only charges teh phone as i can see so doesnt provide connections to the mic.

I now have an external arial being shipped as we speak and i will connect that to the aerial mounted in the cradle and i should be able to connect power easily too - it will not be pretty (yours looks good BTW) but it will work at least...
Old 09-22-2006, 05:17 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by Darron.Lowe' post='337338' date='Sep 22 2006, 08:44 AM
I did see these posts previously. You had the added benifit of retrofittig a Sony Ericsson phone holder to a Sony Ericsson Cradle so all connectors are relativly similar. I do not know of anything similar to my phone

I do have a Nokia 6320i Cradle i used to prove a fault with my car kit and i will be dismantling it at somepoint to get some more ideas, but it only charges teh phone as i can see so doesnt provide connections to the mic.

I now have an external arial being shipped as we speak and i will connect that to the aerial mounted in the cradle and i should be able to connect power easily too - it will not be pretty (yours looks good BTW) but it will work at least...
There is no point in connecting the mic because when connected to bluetooth you will not have access to the phone mic anyway and the car's mic will take over.

As for your phone cradle all you need to do is find an old phone cradle from someone that outputs the same power needed for your phone. Nokias and SE tend to be around the +5V-6V mark. Wonder what your phone required. Then all you need to do is buy an aerial patch cable and a car phone holder for your phone. Hack the BMW cradle and connect these together. The main reason why you need another BMW Cradle is that the car check that the BMW circuit found in the cradle is connected to it and only then will you be able to use it.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='337408' date='Sep 22 2006, 02:17 PM
There is no point in connecting the mic because when connected to bluetooth you will not have access to the phone mic anyway and the car's mic will take over.

As for your phone cradle all you need to do is find an old phone cradle from someone that outputs the same power needed for your phone. Nokias and SE tend to be around the +5V-6V mark. Wonder what your phone required. Then all you need to do is buy an aerial patch cable and a car phone holder for your phone. Hack the BMW cradle and connect these together. The main reason why you need another BMW Cradle is that the car check that the BMW circuit found in the cradle is connected to it and only then will you be able to use it.

I was planning to use the hardwire connection rather than the BT connection for the microphone to remove any problems with interference (i hate the sound quality of bt connected microphones compared to the hardwired versions) - but this is not too important though.

My phone charges through a USB connection so i believet that it is 5V. I have a cigarette charger which i was going to hack into for this. Didn't realise that the car checked the Cradle also, so thanks for the heads up! that would have been a big stumbling block!
Old 09-22-2006, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Darron.Lowe' post='337065' date='Sep 21 2006, 11:35 AM
Rudy,

Do you (or anyone) have the pin outs for the cradle itself? I am sure i could find it by the diagrams provided, but if there is one already, it would save me trying to work them all out as i'd rather butcher a phone cradle than replace or buther the bit the cradle plugs into...

I can see the pin outs for the connector blocks going to the cradle but no further.

Cheers.
Does page two of the .pdf file in this post help? Maybe you're talking about the pins that the phone would connect to? If so, you could probably use a continuity tester and the pinout .pdf file to figure out what's what, I suppose...
Old 09-22-2006, 06:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='337427' date='Sep 22 2006, 02:53 PM
Does page two of the .pdf file in this post help? Maybe you're talking about the pins that the phone would connect to? If so, you could probably use a continuity tester and the pinout .pdf file to figure out what's what, I suppose...

It does help and i mean the pins the snap in adapter connects to. I will do a continuity test, i just hoped someone had done it and posted a diagram already oh well.

Thanks for your help and all others too.

Quick Reply: Cradle connections