DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Coding for CD changer addition or ipod - not dealer

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Hello,

Has anybody here added a CD changer or ipod to their car and coded it themselves to enable it? As far as coding goes, what modules must be updated or changed in order to make it happen?
I'm looking into the Pro version of Bavarian Technic. So far the tech I contacted there doesn't seem to know how or which modules must be changed.
This question isn't really about the BAV tool, but more in general, regardless of the tool being used, what should the process be to make the ipod work.

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

It's expensive to do yourself, you need the computer/software tool to enable it. However, most indy shops have the computer and they cn usually get it done for you MUCH cheaper than the dealer. My Aux input was installed and enabled by SolelyBimmer for under $100 (including $60 for the Aux cable).
Old 02-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
It's expensive to do yourself, you need the computer/software tool to enable it. However, most indy shops have the computer and they cn usually get it done for you MUCH cheaper than the dealer. My Aux input was installed and enabled by SolelyBimmer for under $100 (including $60 for the Aux cable).
I agree, but I figure I could use the tool for some other stuff for myself in the future.

On a side note. Where's SolelyBimmer? Do you have a contact? Can they do Dension?
Old 02-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by balbs
I agree, but I figure I could use the tool for some other stuff for myself in the future.

On a side note. Where's SolelyBimmer? Do you have a contact? Can they do Dension?

SoleyBimmer is in Mission Viejo, it's a trip but worth it. Chad (the owner) is cool, honest, and a true bimmer freak. I'd give em a call and see what they can do for you: Solely Bimmer
Old 02-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about guys that talk about coding on this forum? Any input from them?
Old 02-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by StasGS4
What about guys that talk about coding on this forum? Any input from them?

There's another idea, I think member nomis_nehc now has the tool to do this type of coding. I bet he can install the Denison too, but you'd have to PM him
Old 02-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Contributors

Yeah, I PM'd nomis_nehc a few weeks ago regarding this as well as battery registration. At that time he was still researching on them. I'll keep an eye on his posts to see how it goes. I'm also hoping other forum coders would chime in as well in this thread.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Hey Balbs, I am pretty certain I can code this for you. Additionally, I am literally two minutes from SolelyBimmer.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Hey Balbs, I am pretty certain I can code this for you. Additionally, I am literally two minutes from SolelyBimmer.
Cool! I already have the CD changer (though not installed). Maybe I'll hold up for the Dension instead. At anyrate, I would need a new battery and registration soon. So if you get the registration thing going maybe I'll hit you up for both.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I have been reading, battery registration is a no brainer for someone who has and knows how to use INPA.

Quick Reply: Coding for CD changer addition or ipod - not dealer