DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Chrome grill finaly installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 04:53 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Thanks to everybody's imput and help from this great forum I finaly got my chrome grill.
My fingers are in pain and it was such a night mare

Here are some pics take by mobile phone for now...
Attached Thumbnails Chrome grill finaly installed-obraz011.jpg   Chrome grill finaly installed-obraz012.jpg   Chrome grill finaly installed-obraz006.jpg  
Old 10-06-2005, 05:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Peter530i' date='Oct 6 2005, 08:53 AM
Thanks to everybody's imput and help from this great forum I finaly got my chrome grill.
My fingers are in pain and it was such a night mare

Here are some pics take by mobile phone for now...
[snapback]180345[/snapback]
Looks very nice How come it was a pain to fit? Does your car have flaps?
Old 10-06-2005, 05:29 AM
SDS
Members

My Ride: 2006 530 xi, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Leather,poplar grain wood trimi, prem. pkg., prem. sound pkg., cold weather pkg., steptronic auto. trans., front comfort seats, split folding rear seats w/ski bag,rear heated seating, power rear sunshade and manual rear side window shades, park distance control, BMW on-board navigation system and satellite radio.

Looks sharp, I think all the non-sport versions should have come that way. The brochure in the U.S. states chrome grill slats, but the dealer said it was a misprint. I had the dealer install mine just before I took delivery of my 2006 530xi in July. I know you'll be very pleased.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

howd u get the clips on the side off????? im stuck with those and havent got a clue as to how to remove them
Old 10-06-2005, 06:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Really nice pics Peter530i

They came out especially on a dark car.

Are those 545i or M5 grilles (or if there any diffarance)?
Old 10-06-2005, 06:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by pipper' date='Oct 6 2005, 09:08 AM
howd u get the clips on the side off?????? im stuck with those and havent got a clue as to how to remove them
[snapback]180370[/snapback]
I used brutal force and couple hours of pulling, pushing and whigeling it around . But really it is a very ugly job to do, painful for fingers.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ricracing' date='Oct 6 2005, 09:10 AM
Really nice pics Peter530i

They came out especially on a dark car.

Are those 545i or M5 grilles (or if there any diffarance)?
[snapback]180371[/snapback]
the grill is from E-bay and it is actually neither M5 or 545. It is some made in Taiwan version, close to 7er design. The outer top corners of each grill are different from original. But for half the cost and no cost of install why not
I can always put the old ones back
Old 10-06-2005, 09:41 AM
Senior Members

Are you from Sweden Peter530i ??

Looks very nice! Thinking about doing the same with our car..
Old 10-06-2005, 10:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Well done Peter! I fitted mine months ago and my fingers have only just recovered. I don't think you'll ever have them stolen!
Old 10-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Members

Nice grill. The chrome looks really shiny. What kinda mobile phone takes pictures like that? Those pics are pretty clear if taken from a phone. The US is always last when it comes to electronics. The camera on my RAZR takes crappy pics.

Quick Reply: Chrome grill finaly installed