DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

cheap angel eyes.. what do u think?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 04:37 PM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: stock e60
Default cheap angel eyes.. what do u think?

so who said the cheap angle eyes on ebay were not bright enough lol... paid 30 bucks for 3 watt led.... no bulb errors
Attached Thumbnails cheap angel eyes.. what do u think?-bmw-halo.jpg  
Old 12-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

works for me, I have something similar in my car. can't see them during daylight hours, but they look nice at dusk and night hours.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:18 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i Sports Package

I may be doing this. What was the brand on ebay?

~Shar
Old 12-23-2013, 02:54 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW

Here is mine but i just changed the bulb
Attached Thumbnails cheap angel eyes.. what do u think?-image.jpg  
Old 12-23-2013, 11:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Call me biased (or better informed), but you guys that think plug and play bulbs are any good must not have seen Orions in person to compare.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:47 AM
New Members

i know you are correct they are brighter , but this was easy mod just to turn yellow AE to white
Old 12-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Call me biased (or better informed), but you guys that think plug and play bulbs are any good must not have seen Orions in person to compare.
You probably are biased. I can't speak for the others, but I have zippy interest in taking a dremel tool to my headlights that I just replaced last year and installing $400 worth of bulbs, just so that everyone can see my halo rings from three miles away.

My OE bulb blew out on the left side. At 9 years old, the right side wasn't far behind. BMW wanted $25 per bulb. For $10 more, I got LED bulbs that get the job done, look half way decent, and turned my 'bulb out' warning off.

Just because someone chooses a different route than you doesn't mean they're any 'less informed' than you. Not all of us are interested in rolling around with a $4000 set of headlights.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Whoa whoa, you are getting way defensive about using cheap leds for AEs. When I say better informed, I was referring to being able to more accurate describe what angel eyes can look like -- having seen and compared all the solutions in the market.

Obviously from what you state, angel eyes don't mean very much to you, and that's fine. A little surprised why you're in this thread, but okay. That doesn't mean everyone feel the same as you, of course. Many of us feel that the angel eyes are very iconic on BMWs, and would like to do something about it. After all, the current gen of BMWs, Germany has definitely put some work into making it nice and visible now.

In the context of what I was stating, yes it does. If you haven't seen a product in person for yourself, of course you don't have the frame of reference to make comparison.

As for your last point, that's just silly. If everyone can afford to roll around with $4k headlights, everyone would.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:01 PM
New Members

My Ride: 04 BMW 545i 6speed MT

Originally Posted by SoullesS
Here is mine but i just changed the bulb

How did you change just the bulb? I tried to pull it out but it is in there pretty good.

Thanks
Old 12-31-2013, 09:41 AM
New Members

Loosen the bolts pull headlight out a lil , pop the cover and take it out . Not much space to work with but still possible . That's how I did mine . Now I'm thinking to put hid bulb there but might run into probl due to hid bulbs being longer than AE bulbs gotta figure something out

Quick Reply: cheap angel eyes.. what do u think?