DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Changing from Pre Lci Lights to Lci Lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 09:11 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

sorry about earlier these should be alot better

Download multiple files from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
Old 02-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 535d E60 *///M Pack* CarbonSwartz

Downloaded and checked, they are correct now. i will study them and come back with some results later today.

TIP: You can attach files to your messages in the forum that can be directly downloaded. while posting in advanced mode, just go down and click "manage attachments" in the section "Attach files"
Old 02-25-2013, 09:24 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

thanks buddy didnt know there was a option looked before must of missed it thanks again
Old 02-25-2013, 09:48 AM
Members

Try coding your LM2 with this file, and let me know how it goes.

Rename it to FSW_PSW.MAN and code with a profile capable of using MAN files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
LM2_TEST_01.zip (5.0 KB, 376 views)
Old 02-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Members
Senior Members

thank you very much RoberMc for all your help you have helped me change the lights and lm2 and sort the front lights they are working now

how did you find out what to change i looked at both traces with ncsdummy did you use the same or manually check it?
Old 02-25-2013, 11:04 AM
Members

Are they really working?

I didn't expect it to be that easy on the first try.

I compared both files you sent to me, then opened apart the "lm2 WITH +MUEB ADDED NON WORKING FRONT LIGHTS.TRC", in the comparison i isolated all the differences related to headlights, discarding everything related to tail lights (as they were already working fine).

Then edited "lm2 WITH +MUEB ADDED NON WORKING FRONT LIGHTS.TRC" file adding the values related to headlights from the trc file where they were working. And voilá!

The only tricky part is knowing which value corresponds to which light and it's function, and only experience and ncsdummy can help here.

Enjoy your new car lighting

Last edited by RoberMC; 02-25-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:10 AM
Members
Senior Members

well your the man

you manage to fix it and help in the first go

only thing im trying to figure out now is how to add welcome lights in idrive menu

i got pro nav cant find VA_WELCOMELIGHT IN CAPPL

do i need to reset cappl at all with expert profile or not thanks RoberMc
Old 02-25-2013, 12:04 PM
Members

Wohoo, if i ever go to the UK, you owe me a beer

I have CIC, so i cannot be of much help, but i checked module CCC_APP.C0C, and there is VA_WELCOMELIGHT inside. Check again, or tell me the exact module you have so i can help, (CCC_APP.XXX, CCC_ANT.XXX, CCC_ASK.XXX), whichever you have.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:49 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by RoberMC
Wohoo, if i ever go to the UK, you owe me a beer

I have CIC, so i cannot be of much help, but i checked module CCC_APP.C0C, and there is VA_WELCOMELIGHT inside. Check again, or tell me the exact module you have so i can help, (CCC_APP.XXX, CCC_ANT.XXX, CCC_ASK.XXX), whichever you have.
haha il buy you two beers for all the help you have offered

thanks

il checked the module every were i looked online said it should be in cappl il give you the file name when i check it shortly thanks alot
Old 02-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Members
Senior Members

the files that show up in ncs under cappl are

CCC_APP.C08 CCCA60.PRG A_E60CAP.IPO

thanks

Quick Reply: Changing from Pre Lci Lights to Lci Lights