DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Changing the BMW emblems to Carbon style ones

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 12:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i first used a credit card and slipped it under all around the emblem then used a flat head like said abovve use a cloth in between so u dont accidentally scratch the paint of the hood.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by 535dMAN' post='396304' date='Feb 27 2007, 11:14 AM
hmm no one knows then
Sorry, I'm a bit late to the party I guess...

Replacing front badge:
replacing_front_BMW_badge.pdf
Replacing rear badge (careful, this one's tricky!):
replacing_rear_BMW_badge.pdf
Old 02-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Guys - bmwbonehead did this on his M5 and I have to admit after seeing it person, I thought they were the real Roundels! He got the carbon fiber stickers that you place over the stock roundels. You can get them from Bimmian.com. The nice part is, if you don't like the look, you can take them off pretty easily and it looks stock when you look up close. He has his front bonnet, rear and wheels covered with them. I would go this route first. Plus, it's cheaper and you would never know. Afterall, it is the look you're going for, right?
Old 02-28-2007, 12:48 AM
Members

My Ride: 535D AM SPORT 06 (07 for you US Guys ;-) Carbon Black Professional Sat Nav 6CD Changer Automatic Aircondition Advance (Standard fit) Bluetooth Telephone Preperation with Telematics Preperation Extended Voice Control System M 19" Mixed Wheels Style 172M BMW Online BMW Assist Graduated Tinted Windscreen Bi-Xenon Headlights Adaptive Headlights Headlight Wash System Black Dakota Leather Rear Spoiler Spare Wheel M Rear Spoler Sun Protection Glass Heated Front Seats BMW Velour Floor Mats BMW Service and Maintenance for 5 years/60,000 miles Tracker - Echo

Thanks Rudy - that kinda sorts it but will have to use a credit card or plastic (maybe my little ones bob the builder) screw driver

cmansbimmer - that sounds like a much easier option - I'll have a look

I also found out that www.mstyle.co.uk do them to and can fit!

ON their website it says genuine bmw accessory but I thought these were after market add ons? Can anyone who works for BMW or knows his stuff confirm??? Cheers
Old 02-28-2007, 07:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Originally Posted by katheikia' post='396348' date='Feb 27 2007, 01:29 PM
Just apply the new emblem over the old, thats what I did.

Dont get so excited guys, I was talking about the ones on ebay that are just the emblem with adhesive back. With those there is no need to remove anything, you just place them over the old.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

In my opinion, the adhesive one's aren't worth it if you can find something that's more OEM equivalent. It's not like they original emblems are hard to pop off.

With the adhesive types, you risk things like not applying it straight and level, having air bubbles under it, or having it peel sometime down the road. Sure, they're probably cheaper but you get what you pay for...
Old 02-28-2007, 04:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='396689' date='Feb 28 2007, 11:39 AM
In my opinion, the adhesive one's aren't worth it if you can find something that's more OEM equivalent. It's not like they original emblems are hard to pop off.

With the adhesive types, you risk things like not applying it straight and level, having air bubbles under it, or having it peel sometime down the road. Sure, they're probably cheaper but you get what you pay for...

The ones that I used were made from a thick plastic/vinyl like material. They cover the whole area of the roundal, and after 1.5 years they look like new.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='396560' date='Feb 28 2007, 12:43 AM
Guys - bmwbonehead did this on his M5 and I have to admit after seeing it person, I thought they were the real Roundels! He got the carbon fiber stickers that you place over the stock roundels. You can get them from Bimmian.com. The nice part is, if you don't like the look, you can take them off pretty easily and it looks stock when you look up close. He has his front bonnet, rear and wheels covered with them. I would go this route first. Plus, it's cheaper and you would never know. Afterall, it is the look you're going for, right?
Nice cheapy mod. Like Calton said, if you don't like it, just peel them off. The fit isn't perfect (or maybe my hands aren't that steady ), but you have to look REAL close to see some of the blue around the edges. Took 6 weeks to get mine b/c of a shipping screw up, but regardless, I like 'em. They come in a single sheet with 'pie' wedges for every roundel on the car. There are extra wedges in case you screw up or if they peel off. I've been told that they start to peel if you use a high pressure wash directly over them, but so far, so good.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:15 AM
Senior Members

UPDATE: the Bimmian stickers suck. I've had to reapply them several times b/c they start peeling at the corners. I finally had enough and bought replacement roundels for all the wheel, trunk, and hood from europeanautosource. Still trying to get the hood and trunk ones off...I'm afraid I'll break the guide pins and then I'll be really screwed.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by katheikia' post='396348' date='Feb 28 2007, 02:29 AM
Just apply the new emblem over the old, thats what I did.
very funny

Quick Reply: Changing the BMW emblems to Carbon style ones