DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Anyone having moonroof retraction problems??

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this problem where the latch that goes down is not sliding down all the way not allowing my moonroof to close it just hits it and retracts, i have looked to see why and for the life of me cant figuere it out

anyone have any input or the same issues?
Attached Thumbnails Anyone having moonroof retraction problems??-lights.jpg  
Old 01-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Senior Members

by the way im trying to repair it myself thats why its a diy
Old 01-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Contributors

ya, i have had this problem in the past and really havent done anything to fix it. To get it closed I just fool with it and close it using the switch but not pushing it all the way to one touch. If that doesnt work take her to the stealership
Old 01-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nola530
ya, i have had this problem in the past and really havent done anything to fix it. To get it closed I just fool with it and close it using the switch but not pushing it all the way to one touch. If that doesnt work take her to the stealership

I hate the stealership grrrr......

nothign works i tried it allthere must be something that i cant see
Old 01-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Members

OK. What you need to do is adjust the sunroof glass. 1st, tilt the roof to the vent position and look at the left and right sides from inside the car. You will see 2 black rubber accordian looking pieces, they basically catch the sliding headliner to move it with the glass. Remove those 2 accordians by pulling them away from the sides, but be careful because the rubber tears easily. Once they are removed, you'll see 3 torx screws on each side. Just loosen the screws a little so you can adjust the height of the glass without having to hold it up by hand. Don't go too high at the front edge of the glass or you'll get a loud wind noise and don't go too high or low at the back or you'll have leaks. you want the glass to sit just above being flush with the rubber sunroof seal.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Senior Members

dont know if that makes sense right now but i will try and do just what you wrote to the T on sunday, hopeuflly it will work

thanks man!
Old 01-30-2010, 09:19 AM
Members

Sorry. Just loosen the torx screws a little bit so that they still hold the glass in its current position, then just tap it upwards with your hand. It should hold in place because the screws have a serrated backing on them. Otherwise, have an assistant hold the glass up while you check the height of it and tighten it. You want the glass to sit just a hair higher than the sunroof seal. Do you have a picture of the sunroof closed at the front and back edges?
Old 01-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Senior Members

still working on the sound system
Old 02-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Senior Members

now ive done did it , it wont close at all i think the stealership is going to get me
Old 02-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr
now ive done did it , it wont close at all i think the stealership is going to get me

maybe it didnt work because i tightened mmmmm..... the accordion looking piece removes completely? or just partially detaches from the sides

Quick Reply: Anyone having moonroof retraction problems??