Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Zany for Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 07:46 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe how obsessive I've been with this car. I've owned it for 2 weeks and washed it 3 times already.

Washed off the wax with Dawn. Clay bar to clean away some impurities from transportation (yes, there was stuff on it already and it was noticably smoother afterwards).

5 coats of Z-5 Show Car Polish with Z-6 Gloss Enhancer spray in between. One final coat of Z-2 with a Z-8 Grand Finale spray seal topper.

Two coats of RejeX on the wheels (this stuff is great).

And no rain in the forecast for the next 3 days.
Attached Thumbnails Zany for Zaino-zaino_1.jpg   Zany for Zaino-zaino2.jpg  
Old 10-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

SWEET!!!!! is zaino durable enough for chicago winters? ive yet to use it but after all the good things i hear its definitely on the agenda for next spring.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Ordered 550i ED on 9/24/05. Titanium silver, priority one seating (black), steptronic, sports package, premium sound system, active steering, comfort access, power rear sunshades, navigation, head up display, rear door air bag

[quote name='tachyon' date='Oct 28 2005, 11:46 AM']
I can't believe how obsessive I've been with this car. I've owned it for 2 weeks and washed it 3 times already.

WOW! That baby is "to die for" beautiful. No doubt, black is the best color (when clean). And yes, you do need psychiatric counseling. If you find yourself doing this level of cleaning in 6 months, I would have someone look at you.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Hey man car looks great however I don't think you should be doing the folowing:

Using Dawn to strip the Wax.. yes it works but In a new paint like that theres not reason to be striping the paint like that..

Next Clay bar.. Hoenstly you may think you need it but I really don't think you need it only 2 weeks into your new car.. maybe 2-3 months down the road but not yet

But hey its still looking good..
Old 10-29-2005, 06:06 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 530i. Premium, Sport, powere shades, Sat. radio and hopefully the occasional groupy in the seat.

From what I have gathered, zaino is a great product when used twicec as regular...although if your regular is bi-weekly then you should be fine! haha. But for those of you that wax once every few months I don't think it's the product for you. Same as p21s, which works amazing as well, but still, doesn't last that long. I've used a variety of waxes/polishes throughout the last few years of showing and believe it or not the best long term protection I have found will scare most of you away from ever listening to me again! There is a product called Astro Shield. It is $16 for a gallon of it. It is in liquid form and the only place I have ever found it is at a toyota dealership in Eugene, Oregon...where I grew up. I'm sure it's available somewhere else as well, and now that I have moved to AZ I will be ordering some!
Old 10-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Senior Members

Very Nice!

I think that the clay & polish will remove any trace of the previous wax. If you search this forum, and many other detailing forums, you will find many good reasons never to use Dawn.

Originally Posted by tachyon' date='Oct 28 2005, 05:46 PM
I can't believe how obsessive I've been with this car.? I've owned it for 2 weeks and washed it 3 times already?

Washed off the wax with Dawn.? Clay bar to clean away some impurities from transportation (yes, there was stuff on it already and it was noticably smoother afterwards).?

5 coats of Z-5 Show Car Polish with Z-6 Gloss Enhancer spray in between.? One final coat of Z-2 with a Z-8 Grand Finale spray seal topper.?

Two coats of RejeX on the wheels (this stuff is great).?

And no rain in the forecast for the next 3 days.?
[snapback]190019[/snapback]
Old 10-30-2005, 01:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ghetto fabulous' date='Oct 29 2005, 03:06 PM
From what I have gathered, zaino is a great product when used twicec as regular...although if your regular is bi-weekly then you should be fine! haha. But for those of you that wax once every few months I don't think it's the product for you.
[snapback]190483[/snapback]
Not wanting to start a product war here! but I think you'll find thats not correct. Zaino is one of, if not the most durable of the products out there. Guru Reports did a big Wax Test in which durability was just one of many factors tested and IIRC Zaino came out on top. There have also been some mini-tests down at the Roadfly Detailing Forum where again Zaino durability comes out top.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:02 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 530i. Premium, Sport, powere shades, Sat. radio and hopefully the occasional groupy in the seat.

Originally Posted by mathmos' date='Oct 30 2005, 02:02 AM
[quote name='ghetto fabulous' date='Oct 29 2005, 03:06 PM']From what I have gathered, zaino is a great product when used twicec as regular...although if your regular is bi-weekly then you should be fine! haha. But for those of you that wax once every few months I don't think it's the product for you.
[snapback]190483[/snapback]
Not wanting to start a product war here! but I think you'll find thats not correct. Zaino is one of, if not the most durable of the products out there. Guru Reports did a big Wax Test in which durability was just one of many factors tested and IIRC Zaino came out on top. There have also been some mini-tests down at the Roadfly Detailing Forum where again Zaino durability comes out top.
[snapback]190807[/snapback]
[/quote]

it's cool, I'm not super defensive about the products I use, I just give input off of what I have used.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:42 AM
Members

I also believe Zaino is a great alternate to wax. I have read many of the same PRACTICAL studies and it is rated very high. Zaino use to be for show cars only, but thir new products are geared towards the above average car enth. looking for a great product. The application is no more intense than the typical 4 coats of wax people tell me they apply in one detail session.
I do believe it is more durable than most waxes when comparing costs.

Just my opinion.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:32 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire, BLK Anthracite. STEPTRONIC, NAV, Cold wthr Pack., Logic 7, Style 116, Bluetooth, Moto v710, CIP 18.x

I have had the best results with Zymol products on my black cars.
They are expensive! But a jar can last years. Do a side by side on your car
and see what you think-
Also check out their website, many useful tips for car surface care and methods.
www.zymol.com

This years Pebble Beach Concours best of show used Zymol-