Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Unbelievable! I washed and rejexed my car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 01:00 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, you don't need a new pair of glasses. as i said it here before. i haven't washed any of my previous cars with my bare hands for the past 10 years . and i finally did it again couple days ago !

i first hosed it down and put some blue coral professional car wash gel into a bucket full of water. i started from the top and took me so long because the wheels are sooooo dirty :'(. i used the turtle wax wheel cleaner but there were some small black dots on them. i don't know what the heck they were . by the time i finished the wheels, the top was already dried and i saw some water spots on my windshield and the body :'(. i was hoping rejex will remove the spots. it took me 2.5 hours to washed and dried the car .

it was too late to put rejex on and i waited till the next day. i found out rejex is harder to apply than remove . i put a thin layer and it dried pretty fast. i put it on the whole car, including windows, windshield, sunroof, and wheels. i wiped it off once and wiped it again with a clean cloth. make sure there is no residual. very easy to remove. it took me another 4 hours to put on and remove the rejex :'(.

i was sooooo tired and i can almost guarantee that i won't do this again. it took me a total of 6.5 hours and my whole body was sore for couple days. that's why you guys didn't see me that much in here for the past couple days. but i'm quite happy with the result except the water spots that are still there now .

i don't remember what kind of wax that i used before (10 years ago) but i do remember i've never seen a "wetter" look or anything "smoother" than rejex. i highly recommended this product .
Old 02-10-2005, 04:41 AM
JDN
Contributors

Aw, come on, alohalc, you know you've never bonded with your car that well before. Six and a half hours of bonding - priceless. Besides, you can get it down to about an hour and a half for a super job on the outside-only if you do it more than once in a life time.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Senior Members

jdn, if not because your comments about rejex, i wouldn't even have this crazy thought to wash my car . i almost died because of you .
Old 02-10-2005, 04:15 PM
JDN
Contributors

Aye, and ye be a better man for it, too, laddie.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Senior Members

i just found out there are some water spots on the body as well :'(. what's the easiest way to remove them ?
Old 02-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Contributors

Rejex was so easy to put on, I found I could go out and do a hood, then come back and do the top, then a door or two, then a quarter panel.....with minutes or hours or more time in between each section. Painless. (car in garage whole time)
Old 02-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Senior Members

sg530, make sure you let me know when you come to hawaii next time. i'll be more than happy to let you rejex my car .
Old 02-11-2005, 01:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Wow, impressive alohalc.
Good job though, you saw it through.
Next time it will take half the time...

I rejexed my car 3 days ago. 2nd time round. Did it really by the book this time.
Wash, rejex in the afternoon then garaged it overnight. The result is once again amazing.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:26 AM
Senior Members

so how long did you spend ?
Old 02-11-2005, 05:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

?? Is Rejex to be used over a good wax, or not. Does it matter? I would like to try a good wax and perhaps protect it with Rejex. But, if they say not to wax for some reason I would like to know that as well.

Quick Reply: Unbelievable! I washed and rejexed my car!!!