Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

The total awesomeness of Rejex

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 09:46 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last weekend I was over my freinds house and stayed there for a few hours. On my way out, I noticed my car had water spots from the neighbors sprinklers Unfortunatly, I did not have the time to wash my car until the next day when I got home from work. I had Rejexed it six months ago, puting three coats on it, so I was praying that Rejex would do its thing and prevent the waterspots from being permanant. So I washed every inch of the car, especially the parts with the waterspots. As I dried, lo and behold the water spots were completely gone!! Thank you God!! And thank you Rejex! You rock!!

Everyone, you gotta get Rejex! Your beamer won't survive without it...lol! And no I don't work for Rejex, I'm just a humble Web Designer

Now if only Rejex would invent something to prevent chips from rocks on the highway!
Old 10-17-2006, 11:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by nebullaone' post='345894' date='Oct 17 2006, 01:46 PM
Last weekend I was over my freinds house and stayed there for a few hours. On my way out, I noticed my car had water spots from the neighbors sprinklers Unfortunatly, I did not have the time to wash my car until the next day when I got home from work. I had Rejexed it six months ago, puting three coats on it, so I was praying that Rejex would do its thing and prevent the waterspots from being permanant. So I washed every inch of the car, especially the parts with the waterspots. As I dried, lo and behold the water spots were completely gone!! Thank you God!! And thank you Rejex! You rock!!

Everyone, you gotta get Rejex! Your beamer won't survive without it...lol! And no I don't work for Rejex, I'm just a humble Web Designer

Now if only Rejex would invent something to prevent chips from rocks on the highway!
Yep. It's the best.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:26 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nebullaone' post='345894' date='Oct 17 2006, 12:46 PM
I noticed my car had water spots from the neighbors sprinklers Unfortunatly, I did not have the time to wash my car until the next day when I got home from work. I had Rejexed it six months ago, puting three coats on it, so I was praying that Rejex would do its thing and prevent the waterspots from being permanant. So I washed every inch of the car, especially the parts with the waterspots. As I dried, lo and behold the water spots were completely gone!! Thank you God!! And thank you Rejex! You rock!!
Why would water on car coming from a sprinker make a permanent waterspot? I think that even a car without Rejex should "resist" sprinkler water, right? After a good car wash, it should be all gone, or am I missing something? bird drops I can understand, but water?
Old 12-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530i, Production Date May 2005

Originally Posted by Wiu-Bimmer' post='355575' date='Nov 14 2006, 02:56 AM
Why would water on car coming from a sprinker make a permanent waterspot? I think that even a car without Rejex should "resist" sprinkler water, right? After a good car wash, it should be all gone, or am I missing something? bird drops I can understand, but water?
I think the problem is the salts, fluoride and other chemicals in the water. As the water dries, it tends to concentrate these chemicals to the outside of the water ring and the water spot forms.

Cheerz
Old 12-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by daMANiack' post='371247' date='Dec 26 2006, 05:21 PM
I think the problem is the salts, fluoride and other chemicals in the water. As the water dries, it tends to concentrate these chemicals to the outside of the water ring and the water spot forms.

During the summer time, I've had waterspots on my car due to sprinklers and after not drying my car properly after washing. I've heard in our area we have hard water, so that plus other chemicals in our water is what probably causes the spots. But after Rejex I haven't had problems with water spots since.

Now the only problem is rocks on the highway...
Old 12-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Members

Originally Posted by nebullaone' post='371527' date='Dec 28 2006, 05:19 AM
But after Rejex I haven't had problems with water spots since.
Hi,

That's great, might have to get some Rejex.

1) Have you had a look for water spotting in the shade or dull light as it shows them, whereas the sun tends to gloss over them.

2) Did Rejex tend to mask or coverup your existing water spotting?

3) Have you had any bird or insect dropping deposited on your car since Rejexing? Do these dropings leave any marks?

Cheerz
Old 12-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Sprinkler water for most suburban area's tends to be Well water. It has all the minerals from the ground (Zinc, Iron, Potassium, etc.), which can cause major damage to your car's paint and clearcoat, should the sun beat down on the car and bake the minerals in. I had this exact situation happen to me on my E39. It left pock-marks permanently embedded in my clearcoat. There was nothing that could be done. I went to the best detail shop in San Francisco. He did a decent job of getting the car nice and clean, but if you looked closely, you could see little pock-marks all over the car. Rejex is a no-brainer for me now. I Rejex every other month. Yeah, I'm nuts...
Old 12-27-2006, 03:17 PM
Members

Originally Posted by daMANiack' post='371565' date='Dec 27 2006, 05:11 PM
Hi,

That's great, might have to get some Rejex.

1) Have you had a look for water spotting in the shade or dull light as it shows them, whereas the sun tends to gloss over them.

2) Did Rejex tend to mask or coverup your existing water spotting?

3) Have you had any bird or insect dropping deposited on your car since Rejexing? Do these dropings leave any marks?

Cheerz

1. Yes the waterspots were very visible in the shade.
2. Before I Rejexed, I removed the water spots using Meguire paint cleaner and polish. That seemed to do the trick but was very time consuming and quite a workout. Then I Rejexed.
3. I'm glad you mentioned bird and insects because after Rejexing they come off rather easily during washing. No marks or anything!

I Rejex every 3-4 months and love the results.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:04 PM
Members

Originally Posted by nebullaone' post='371605' date='Dec 28 2006, 09:47 AM
1. Yes the waterspots were very visible in the shade.
2. Before I Rejexed, I removed the water spots using Meguire paint cleaner and polish. That seemed to do the trick but was very time consuming and quite a workout. Then I Rejexed.
3. I'm glad you mentioned bird and insects because after Rejexing they come off rather easily during washing. No marks or anything!

I Rejex every 3-4 months and love the results.
Hi,

So if your car was in a similar situation as before when it got the water spots, has Rejex now prevented your E60 from being water spotted.

So no rings or dull spots left by bird or insect droppings.

Cheerz
Old 12-28-2006, 08:41 AM
Members

Originally Posted by daMANiack' post='371717' date='Dec 28 2006, 03:04 AM
Hi,

So if your car was in a similar situation as before when it got the water spots, has Rejex now prevented your E60 from being water spotted.

So no rings or dull spots left by bird or insect droppings.

Cheerz
Yes. As I stated in my first post, now that I have Rejexed my car, the sprinklers didn't leave any permanent spots. They were removed by washing.

Yeah I also have no problems with bird or inscect droppings leaving permanent stains, rings, etc. They come off easily by washing.

I have an orient blue e60, and Rejex has really helped me keep it clean and waterspotless

I feel like I'm in a Rejex commercial...