Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

TEST Results: Zanio Vs. Zymol

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Red face

Fellow e60 forum members,

As you know I been doing www research to find out who has the best wax for our BWS's e60s, and I found one test that was conducted by a "Online FFR Magazine" who I know nothing about but here is their test and results on "WHICH WAS IS BETTER? Zaino or Zymol"

Personally I don't trust just anybody, but when I am interested in something, I then look and read and study everything I get my hands on, and this study on these two waxes plus a third wax looked about as good as I have seen so far so far with my online research, but what are you guys feelings on the result of this was text and the way it was handled?

CLICK ON: http://www.ffcobra.com/magazine/waxtest.html

Thanks in advance!!

R. Eddie Presley aka Presley348
Old 08-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Contributors

Thanks much for posting this link! I think they did this as thoroughly and honestly as possible, and I actually liked that they weren't professional testers. Seemed more 'real world' to me. The Zaino's ease of use and longevity is very attractive. I'm definitely going to give it a try. Thanks again for sharing your research find.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by 06530-6M' post='638484' date='Aug 3 2008, 03:56 AM
Thanks much for posting this link! I think they did this as thoroughly and honestly as possible, and I actually liked that they weren't professional testers. Seemed more 'real world' to me. The Zaino's ease of use and longevity is very attractive. I'm definitely going to give it a try. Thanks again for sharing your research find.

=======================================

Hey '06530-6M',

Cool, glad you like the link, so did I, and I will probably try the Zanio also. Now the only thing I don't like about Zanio is it does not contain 100% Carnauba wax, which I am told by some e60 forum members, and also reps. at top rank car wax vendor companies, that Zanio is a sealant type and don't have Carnauba wax qualities that give us that deep wet look, but Zanio is very durable and last longer than the cool looking 100% Carnauba waxes. I wonder if I buy and use the Zanio and it does not provide that deep 3D type car show wet look high gloss finish could I apply a wax with 100% P21s Carnauba on top of the Zanio, and have the best of both worlds, P21s 100% Carnauba Vs Zanio Sealant? Or would that be counter productive?

Eddie Presley
Old 08-03-2008, 05:05 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've read that test in the past. They did a decent job on it. Though nobody really knows what exactly is the Zymol NSX wax(or at least I haven't seen it mention anywhere, Zymol does this for a couple different car makes). Most detailers seem to agree Zymol's quality start at Carbon and go up(Personally I think Zymol is way over priced). Plus many high end botique waxes aren't really known for long term durability.

Zanio has always been known for excellent looks, durability, and does pretty much everything very good. The problem with Zanio comes down to the 500 steps it takes for a full detail. Zanio is a sealant. Though out of all the Sealants I think most people agree it does the best job at creating the caranuba wax look. You can also put caranuba wax on top of Zanio if you want, but many find you don't need it. Most sealants on avg. will out last caranuba waxes (exception to the rule is Collinite waxes). But to me long term durability never really comes into play since I like messing around with my cars. So almost no matter what I use I'll be redoing it in two months or so anyways.

Professional detailers can't just say wax "x" is the best hands down no need to look anywhere else wax. Most of them use a wide variety of waxes. Though two that seem to be at the top of the list of most pros is Pinnacle Souveran and Swissvax waxes. To me though thats alot of money for us weekend warriors to be spending on wax. My rule of thumb is there is just to many high quality waxes for less then $30 that it just isn't worth going over that barrier. The $$$ vs end look just never seems to justify the high price. Plus when I'm only spending $15 or $25 on some wax I have no problem going out and buying another one to play with. Goes back to I like messing around with my cars.

In the end I don't think your ever going to find the best. No matter how much research you do or how many tests you read there just isn't one answer. Its like asking people what your favorite food is.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Saphire/Black Dakota Leather- Loaded- M5 Appearance Package, Sport Package, Pro logic 7 Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Heads-up Display, park Distance Control, Bluetooth, Active Steering, Electric Rear Sunshade, Rear Folding Seats, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Xenon lights, Satelite Radio- Extended Maintenance, CPO (Considering Tire/Wheel Insurance)

Originally Posted by Presley348' post='638343' date='Aug 2 2008, 10:41 PM
Fellow e60 forum members,

As you know I been doing www research to find out who has the best wax for our BWS's e60s, and I found one test that was conducted by a "Online FFR Magazine" who I know nothing about but here is their test and results on "WHICH WAS IS BETTER? Zaino or Zymol"

Personally I don't trust just anybody, but when I am interested in something, I then look and read and study everything I get my hands on, and this study on these two waxes plus a third wax looked about as good as I have seen so far so far with my online research, but what are you guys feelings on the result of this was text and the way it was handled?

CLICK ON: http://www.ffcobra.com/magazine/waxtest.html

Thanks in advance!!

R. Eddie Presley aka Presley348

Thanks. best assessment I'v ever seen. I have always used Zymol on my cars for years ($45 platic jar...great smell)...I will now go try Zaino. Is that at Wl-Mart also?
Old 08-03-2008, 07:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by gregg2gs' post='638558' date='Aug 3 2008, 10:24 AM
Thanks. best assessment I'v ever seen. I have always used Zymol on my cars for years ($45 platic jar...great smell)...I will now go try Zaino. Is that at Wl-Mart also?
Zaino can only be ordered from Zaino's site. I used to be an avid Zaino user. However, once I discovered Menzerna Polishes, I was done with Zaino. Follow Menzerna with jetseal109 and Victoria's pink wax and you are set.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Saphire/Black Dakota Leather- Loaded- M5 Appearance Package, Sport Package, Pro logic 7 Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Heads-up Display, park Distance Control, Bluetooth, Active Steering, Electric Rear Sunshade, Rear Folding Seats, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Xenon lights, Satelite Radio- Extended Maintenance, CPO (Considering Tire/Wheel Insurance)

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='638599' date='Aug 3 2008, 11:46 AM
Zaino can only be ordered from Zaino's site. I used to be an avid Zaino user. However, once I discovered Menzerna Polishes, I was done with Zaino. Follow Menzerna with jetseal109 and Victoria's pink wax and you are set.
OK. Well the, what is the manual labor involved (sweat euity) and the cost of what you have mentioned per wax job? Sounds like a lot of steps.