Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Swirls removed with Zaino - pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 06:04 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took my car to a professional detailer today and he removed the swirls from my jet black e60 without using an orbital polisher or buffer. It was done all by hand using Zaino's new (?) swirl remover Z-PC and a few other Zaino products.
Took him about 3 hours total including 1 hr of dry time of the Z-5 PRO Polish.

Products used:
Zaino Fusion Swirl Remover (Z-PC)
Zaino PRO Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches (Z-5)
Zaino Gloss Enhancer (Z-6)
Zaino Flash Cure Accelerator (ZFX)

Old 05-15-2007, 06:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Looks awesome! Yep, I have Z-PC too and it works wonders. I guess if you're willing to have someone else use their arms to do the job, screw the orbital, but when it comes to me doing it, I'm arms free now. Random Orbital only.

Did he Z-PC the whole car or just area's where there were swirls? As you know, it's an abrasive product, so I'm very careful where I lay it down.

Just curious though...what did you pay the guy to have it done with your own products? Did he just charge you an hourly rate, totaling 3 hours? Mind telling me what that total was? I might consider this the next time around....
Old 05-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Members

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='424841' date='May 15 2007, 09:22 PM
Looks awesome! Yep, I have Z-PC too and it works wonders. I guess if you're willing to have someone else use their arms to do the job, screw the orbital, but when it comes to me doing it, I'm arms free now. Random Orbital only.

Did he Z-PC the whole car or just area's where there were swirls? As you know, it's an abrasive product, so I'm very careful where I lay it down.

Just curious though...what did you pay the guy to have it done with your own products? Did he just charge you an hourly rate, totaling 3 hours? Mind telling me what that total was? I might consider this the next time around....
Hi cman=
i sent you a pm. yes, he z-pc'd the whole car. he said i'll probably never have to do it again, just this once - unless, of course, i somehow get more heavy swirlmarks. Here's the process that he used on my car:

(my car didn't need to be claybarred)

Products used:
Zaino Fusion Swirl Remover (Z-PC)
Zaino PRO Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches (Z-5)
Zaino Flash Cure Accelerator (ZFX)

1. Wash car with Dawn. Next time you wash your car, use Zaino car wash (Z-7) b/c this product won't remove all the work that you're about to do in the following steps. Dry thoroughly with Blue waffle weave towel.

2. Apply Zaino Fusion (Z-PC) to entire car. This process removes heavy swirls. Remove with microfiber towel. You'll only have to use this product once. Unless you get heavy swirls in your paint again, you may never have to use it again. Instead, you'll use the Z-5 Polish swirl remover (then eventually the Z-2 Polish) for maintenance.

3. Apply Spray Gloss Enhancer (Z-6) and remove with mf towel. Do this in sections, not all at once to the entire car.

4. Mix the Zaino Accelerator (ZFX) with the PRO Show Car Polish (Z-5) per the instructions in order to lessen the drying time of the polish

5. Apply the Z-5 Polish over entire car and let dry for minimum of 30 minutes. The longer the better. The more you layer this product (over several days) the glossier the shine will be. My detailer left it on for about an hour, then removed the Z-5 with a mf towel.

5. Apply Spray Gloss Enhancer (Z-6), again in sections, and remove with mf towel.

That's basically it for the first go-round. Only took about 3 hrs with dry time.

Maintenance Process: after you've layered the Z-5 several times
You'll need the following products for maintenance
Zaino Car Wash (Z-7)
Zaino PRO Show Car Polish for Clear Coat Finish (Z-2)
Zaino Accelerator (ZFX)

1. Wash car with Z-7. Dry thoroughtly with Blue Waffle-weave towel

2. Mix ZFX with Z-2 to accelerate dry time.

2. Apply Z-2 car PRO Polish and let dry minimum of 30 mins. Remove with mf towel.
(You can begin layering the Z-2 now that you've already layered the Z-5)

3. Apply Z-6 Gloss Enhancer and remove with mf towel.

Good luck with your car. You can also get a lot of good tips at zainostore.com
Old 05-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Thanks. Yeah, I've been using Zaino for some time.

My recent detail went like this:

Dawn
Clay
Z7 Car Wash
Z-PC
Zaino AIO
Zaino Z5 Pro (2 coats)
Z-CS Clear
Z8 Grand Finale Spray

You should try Z8. I have Z6 too, which is good in between washes, but Z8 is killer!

$135 is insane! That is so cheap! Not sure I can find anyone in NY to do it for that cheap. I guess I'll just stick to doing it myself.

Thanks again!
Old 05-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Members

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='424852' date='May 15 2007, 09:46 PM
Thanks. Yeah, I've been using Zaino for some time.

My recent detail went like this:

Dawn
Clay
Z7 Car Wash
Z-PC
Zaino AIO
Zaino Z5 Pro (2 coats)
Z-CS Clear
Z8 Grand Finale Spray

You should try Z8. I have Z6 too, which is good in between washes, but Z8 is killer!

$135 is insane! That is so cheap! Not sure I can find anyone in NY to do it for that cheap. I guess I'll just stick to doing it myself.

Thanks again!
I was told that you have to use the Z-6 (Gloss Enhancer Spray) after each application of Z5 Polish or Z2 Polish.
What's the difference between the Z6 and Z8? I may have to get that now!
(Yeah, I don't think you'll find a $135 detailer in NY that will do in and out!)
Old 05-15-2007, 07:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by marc545i' post='424858' date='May 15 2007, 10:51 PM
I was told that you have to use the Z-6 (Gloss Enhancer Spray) after each application of Z5 Polish or Z2 Polish.
What's the difference between the Z6 and Z8? I may have to get that now!
(Yeah, I don't think you'll find a $135 detailer in NY that will do in and out!)
It's a thicker, glossier spray and provides more of an optical shine. You'll notice the difference the first spray you lay down on the car.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

fresh and clean. looks awesome man