Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Swirl Remover

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently took in my vehicle to the local BMW dealership to get two rear tires replaced. As part of any service, the dealership washes and details the vehicle. While I was cleaning my vehicle today, I noticed some pretty obvious swirl marks on the trunk. I really can't take it back to the dealership and tell them to fix it. It would be hard to prove. My word against their word type of deal.

What's the best product to remove swirl marks and as well the best way to remove them? Thanks.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:33 AM
Senior Members

yah they dont have good drying practices! Always when I get service is to reject their carwashes. I use adams polishes swirl & haze removal. Try doing a wash and clay, do a visual and see if you need too

P.s Udpate your profile on where you are! or "they" will get mad. Shhh lol
Old 04-07-2008, 08:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by coastalbmw' post='557177' date='Apr 6 2008, 07:10 PM
I recently took in my vehicle to the local BMW dealership to get two rear tires replaced. As part of any service, the dealership washes and details the vehicle. While I was cleaning my vehicle today, I noticed some pretty obvious swirl marks on the trunk. I really can't take it back to the dealership and tell them to fix it. It would be hard to prove. My word against their word type of deal.

What's the best product to remove swirl marks and as well the best way to remove them? Thanks.
The same thing happened to me, except I badgered them until they agreed to have it professionally fixed! I think you should go back and let them have it! Don't let them off of the hook, and get your baby back into the condition you are accustomed to!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='557395' date='Apr 7 2008, 09:18 AM
The same thing happened to me, except I badgered them until they agreed to have it professionally fixed! I think you should go back and let them have it! Don't let them off of the hook, and get your baby back into the condition you are accustomed to!
They will just make it worse or have one of their guys buff off your clearcoat, I wouldn't even mention it and would not let them wash it again.

Get it detailed by a reputable detailer or detail it yourself. I use Klasse AIO, but not sure it will have great results for significant swirls...

I made the mistake of pointing out a very minor scratch on my trunk and each time they tried to fix it they just added scratches and swirls, Klasse covers it up but when the wax wears off they seem to reappear so probably only filling in the clearcoat as minor as it is no need to do anything more at this point.

At some point I will probably have it polished by a professional if I can't keep the swirls out myself or find a good, safe hand polish. Now I am dealing with some overspray or fallout or something and need to Clay which scares me... I am going to attempt it myself, I think...

Good luck but keep it away from the stupid dealer. I cringe at the thought of even going back for the next oil change (might even do it myself) and my horn is broken so I am going to attempt to fix it myself. Sucks not having a horn... I might have to risk another trip to the dealer but I am going to pop out the airbag and see if it is somthing simple first...

Dealers are really careless and I think BMWNA needs to do something about it...