Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Sqeaky windows !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 07:03 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d LCI - xenon, tv function,grey dakota leather,titanium silver,244 radial spokes.

Got my interiors and exteriors detailed last week..now I hear an annoying sqeak from the drivers side window when it's fully closed.
When I put the window down a few inches it stop sqeaking. Sounds like the some rubber part has gotten affected.
How do I resolve this?!? Anyone faced a similar problem?
Old 12-09-2008, 07:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Week 17 Build, 2008 E60 535d M Sport - Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Automatic gearbox, Steering Wheel Heating, M Double Spoke 172 19" Mixed Wheels, Auto-Dim+Exterior Mirror, Comfort seats, Front Seat Heating, Aluminium Pentan interior trim,DAB Tuner, TV Function, BMW Individual Audio System 825W !!

Could be something to do with wax/polish getting on to the rubbers.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Use Search.

There must be over 10,000 posts about this matter on this Forum.

For short: buy new ones.
Don't ever never wax nor silicone the rubber door gaskets on a E60/61.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 M5 with many mods....

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='741684' date='Dec 9 2008, 03:41 PM
Use Search.

There must be over 10,000 posts about this matter on this Forum.

For short: buy new ones.
Don't ever never wax nor silicone the rubber door gaskets on a E60/61.
Welcome to one of the most frequently occurring problems with the e60/61 and even some other BMW models. I know you don't want to hear this but there's not much you can do about it besides re-reading the post above
Old 12-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Hi,

This is a common problem, as written before. I have had that in practically all our BMWs since year 2000. What you can try is to buy a silicon/grease remover and clean the seals, especially the fabric covered part of them and also the part of the painting that is in contact with the seals - again especially the painting that is in contact with the fabric covered seal. I am talking about the door seals, the squeking comes from them even if it stops when opening the window a bit. The closed window changes the pressure against the seals and that then generate the noice. It's easy to find out if you put office archive tape on the painting of A-pillar so that it's between the fabric covered seal and the paint. That should make it quiet and help you to identify the areas that you have to clean.

You may have to repeat this a couple of times within first weeks after detailing, because the wax residual from car roof will penetrate the seals during rain or carwash.

I have found out that W?rth rubber and plastic care without silicone helps to keep the seals quiet, but you have to remove the wax residuals first before applying W?rth. The product number here in Finland is 0890110 C/SF - I don't know if it's available in India. We had the seals of our 118iA changed due to the noice, but only after applying W?rth the new ones have been quiet for a couple of months.

I hope this helps!

Best regards

Jukka
Old 12-10-2008, 01:51 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by TitangrauII530iA' post='742064' date='Dec 10 2008, 10:21 AM
Hi,

This is a common problem, as written before. I have had that in practically all our BMWs since year 2000. What you can try is to buy a silicon/grease remover and clean the seals, especially the fabric covered part of them and also the part of the painting that is in contact with the seals - again especially the painting that is in contact with the fabric covered seal. I am talking about the door seals, the squeking comes from them even if it stops when opening the window a bit. The closed window changes the pressure against the seals and that then generate the noice. It's easy to find out if you put office archive tape on the painting of A-pillar so that it's between the fabric covered seal and the paint. That should make it quiet and help you to identify the areas that you have to clean.

You may have to repeat this a couple of times within first weeks after detailing, because the wax residual from car roof will penetrate the seals during rain or carwash.

I have found out that W?rth rubber and plastic care without silicone helps to keep the seals quiet, but you have to remove the wax residuals first before applying W?rth. The product number here in Finland is 0890110 C/SF - I don't know if it's available in India. We had the seals of our 118iA changed due to the noice, but only after applying W?rth the new ones have been quiet for a couple of months.

I hope this helps!

Best regards

Jukka
+1!
Great post!
I agree 100%. I use a Shell product instead and it doesn't contain silicone either. I put it once and there hasn't been any need to add since.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Hi Jukka TitangrauII530iA,

Has your new 525i's engine now been problem free?

That's a good piece of advice for trying to get the seals silent.

I should take my car in for the its first waxing, but I'm afraid to do it.

Any good ideas? Should all the seals be taped before the wax or what?