Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

SEALERS VS CARNUABA WAX

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To all your waxing detail gurus, im looking and reading, mostly educating myself on the detail process

i want to do a full detail on my car

my question to some of you is this

can you seal prior to waxing or is it vice versa im looking at the menzerna product

im just not sure if sealing is required

i was planning on washing
claying
polishing not sure which polish to use, mezerna, or ps21 lotion
glazing or sealing meguiars #7
p21s wax

is this a good combination in this order?
Old 12-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

rjcastr, you're right. That's in the right order, always seal before wax.

And for the polish, do you mean P21s Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser (You said Ps21 lotion), it is not a polish, it's actually a paint cleanser which normally used before waxing. i would suggest Menzerna IP and FF but make sure u got the right machine to do the job as it contains abrassive ingredients which will thiner your clearcoat. (But this is how to remove swirls and scratches)

Sealant is always recommended cos it gives the clearcoat an extra protection against the environment. CG Jetseal 109 and Zaino Z2-pro will be my choice.

Goodluck!

Keith
Old 12-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

1. Polish - Menzerna
  2. Seal - jetSEAL 109
  3. Wax - Victoria Wax
Old 12-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='506857' date='Dec 14 2007, 09:41 PM
  1. Polish - Menzerna
  2. Seal - jetSEAL 109
  3. Wax - Victoria Wax
BTW, C! I tried Vic Wax on my mate's mini cooper yesterday, and i have to say it's brilliant!!
But not sure the durability tho (But think will be better than P21s)

Keith
Old 12-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='506864' date='Dec 14 2007, 04:59 PM
BTW, C! I tried Vic Wax on my mate's mini cooper yesterday, and i have to say it's brilliant!!
But not sure the durability tho (But think will be better than P21s)

Keith
Yeah, it's pretty insane stuff and wiping it on with your bare hands and fingertips is weird, but it's good stuff. But yeah, at the end of the day, it's gone after a few months. I guess you just need to do a "rub-down" on your car every quarter. Hahahahaha!
Old 12-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='506868' date='Dec 14 2007, 05:12 PM
Yeah, it's pretty insane stuff and wiping it on with your bare hands and fingertips is weird, but it's good stuff. But yeah, at the end of the day, it's gone after a few months. I guess you just need to do a "rub-down" on your car every quarter. Hahahahaha!

I havent bought my griots yet so this time around i will be doing it by good ol hands. i think my g/f will be getting me a griots for xmas she told me not to buy one. i didn't know that detailer guy that did the porsche lives in my city lol, maybe he can give me pointers.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='506887' date='Dec 14 2007, 06:06 PM
I havent bought my griots yet so this time around i will be doing it by good ol hands. i think my g/f will be getting me a griots for xmas she told me not to buy one. i didn't know that detailer guy that did the porsche lives in my city lol, maybe he can give me pointers.

oh yeah one more thing, im doing a polish by hand what do you recommend?
Old 12-14-2007, 02:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='506888' date='Dec 14 2007, 06:06 PM
oh yeah one more thing, im doing a polish by hand what do you recommend?

and one more thing, do i need to do a paint cleaner prior to a polish or is it not reccommended on newer cars.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Members

My Ride: Expected delivery on 15 Jan 2007 525I Olivian Green, Beige Interior, PP, CWP, PDC, SP, Rear shades,heated rear seats, Ipod fitted, Nav, Oem Rims 166, Xenon Lights, Wood grain package, illuminated door sills

rjcastr you dont need to use a paint cleaner if you use a good soap, like CG CWS, or NXT. Alot of us use the foam gun and put the suds on the car that way and let it soak then wash it. Then polish, seal, then wax. I can say that most of us use the CG jet seal 109 to seal, and a variety of different waxes, me personally I use the VW wax. but on thing as your applying these polishes and sealants, your going to be doing it by hand so remember that your results will not be anywhere close to what see on this site. You need a RO, or a Rotary polisher with CCS pads. One of the sites we all use is called autogeek.com, and Chemicalguys.com. Hope this helps good luck and happy detailing. Be sure to post some pics of your work so we can cretique it.....
Old 12-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by vafinest25' post='506904' date='Dec 14 2007, 06:50 PM
rjcastr you dont need to use a paint cleaner if you use a good soap, like CG CWS, or NXT. Alot of us use the foam gun and put the suds on the car that way and let it soak then wash it. Then polish, seal, then wax. I can say that most of us use the CG jet seal 109 to seal, and a variety of different waxes, me personally I use the VW wax. but on thing as your applying these polishes and sealants, your going to be doing it by hand so remember that your results will not be anywhere close to what see on this site. You need a RO, or a Rotary polisher with CCS pads. One of the sites we all use is called autogeek.com, and Chemicalguys.com. Hope this helps good luck and happy detailing. Be sure to post some pics of your work so we can cretique it.....

yeah i know im getting one for xmas!

so im excited

Quick Reply: SEALERS VS CARNUABA WAX