Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Ridgid Model 40500 portable vacuum

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up this awesome portable 5 hp, 4 gallon we/dry vacuum at Home Depot for about $70. It's portable because it's small not because it's battery powered.

It comes with a huge carry handle, 25 foot cord, lifetime materials and workmanship warranty, 8 foot 1 7/8' hose (in between the too small 1-1/4" and the too large 2-1/2", an adaptor for 1-1/4" accessories, a universal cleaning nozzle, difuser (muffler), and huge, easily replaceable/cleanable filter. I've taken out the filiter and vacuumed all the junk out of it so it will last longer.

It's about 16" tall, 18" long, 12" wide and weighs about 10 pounds. It also has a slot (hole) in top of the carry handle to hold a nozzle. The hose/muffler are held on by thumb clips and easy to install/remove.

Other accessories are available for purchase through Ridgid. I've found several accessories from my home vac that work great with it (crevice and brush tools)

Not only does it suck, it blows. You can even dry your door jams, windows, bumpers and any other crevice you can find! You'll see water flying out of places that you didn't know about! You can even use it to clean your carpets. Just scrub them with a good carpet cleaner like Folex (also available at Home Depot) and suck the water/cleaner out with this baby.

BTW, it's a very quiet unit compared to others I've used. There's no high pitch whine so It won't blast your ears or spoil your neighbors Sunday afternoon when you're out cleaning your beautiful bimmer.

Note: I have no financial or any other interest in products/stores mentioned in this post.
Attached Thumbnails Ridgid Model 40500 portable vacuum-im001151.jpg  
Old 08-08-2004, 01:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Jimbo I find your product reviews very interesting and they contain loads of valuable information for me. Thanks for sharing with us, I appreciate it a lot!
Old 08-08-2004, 01:24 PM
Senior Members

You're welcom!