Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

PTFE (teflon) coating vs Rejex

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 08:40 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be driving my new purchase out of the showroom this week-end and plan to apply as soon as I get home either (i) a PTFE teflon-type coating (perhaps the "5 Star Shine" or "Counteract" brand, or (ii) Rejex, which posters to this site typically are very pleased with. The products are quite different, and I'm not sure what to go with. Also, while its clear that paying the dealer several hundred dollars to apply the teflon-coating is a rip off by any standards, I haven't heard much input whether the product itself (when bought on the Internet and applied personally) is worth it. In particular, how does it compare to Rejex (since I'm not masochistic enough to apply both products!). Thanks for your feedback.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by billc' date='May 6 2005, 05:40 PM
I'll be driving my new purchase out of the showroom this week-end and plan to apply as soon as I get home either (i) a PTFE teflon-type coating (perhaps the "5 Star Shine" or "Counteract" brand, or (ii) Rejex, which posters to this site typically are very pleased with.? The products are quite different, and I'm not sure what to go with.? Also, while its clear that paying the dealer several hundred dollars to apply the teflon-coating is a rip off by any standards, I haven't heard much input whether the product itself (when bought on the Internet and applied personally) is worth it.? In particular, how does it compare to Rejex (since I'm not masochistic enough to apply both products!).? Thanks for your feedback.
[snapback]124974[/snapback]
Teflon is not worth it.

Try applying Zaino with the ZFX system, 3 coats or more and you will be settled with protection for a long long while.