Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

ProShine - Spray & Shine

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 04:58 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Has anyone used this product - it's just being advertised now on a UK shopping chanel and it looks really good. It's one of those waterless car wash sprays where you shake up the forumla, spray it on a dirty car and then rub off with the cloth provided. Quickly wipe with a second cloth and you have a carnuba wax shine which repels dirt...... Sounds too good to be true but I've ordered some to try it.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d se auto. black sapphire, 17" 5 spoke 138 style alloys. dark poplar trim, charcoal flat weave cloth, bluetooth phone prep, dimming rear view and side mirrors, lumbar support, heated front deats, phone cradle

havent heard of it myself but it sounds like it could be a disaster for your paintwork. rubbing the grit on your paint with a cloth will quickly dull and scratch the finish of the car. Proper carnauba wax is only availible in a wax form (paste) as liquid versions cannot hold much wax due to its nature. It might be worth a go but you cant beat good' ol hardwork for the best finish.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by dawi' post='387289' date='Feb 3 2007, 08:58 PM
Has anyone used this product - it's just being advertised now on a UK shopping chanel and it looks really good. It's one of those waterless car wash sprays where you shake up the forumla, spray it on a dirty car and then rub off with the cloth provided. Quickly wipe with a second cloth and you have a carnuba wax shine which repels dirt...... Sounds too good to be true but I've ordered some to try it.
I wouldn't use this stuff. I can just picture it now...rubbing off the dirt after you spray the cleaner on, only to find yourself wiping in swirl marks in your paint. No way jose!
Old 02-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525Xi Build: Sep 2005 Del: May 2006 Ti Silver | Black | Premium Pkg. | Cold Weath. | Step | Xenon Adapt.

Hey cmansbimmer,

I've been impressed with Rejex this winter. It still is really slick, making snow and ice removal easy, and looking very sharp when I get the salt and winter grime washed off. I understand there hasn't been much snow back east this year, so I don't now if you've had the same experience, but it's working for me.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='387720' date='Feb 5 2007, 07:47 PM
I wouldn't use this stuff. I can just picture it now...rubbing off the dirt after you spray the cleaner on, only to find yourself wiping in swirl marks in your paint. No way jose!
Apparantly this stuff is much less likely to cause swirls as it lubricates the dirt off onto the microfibre cloth. With water and a sponge if really dirty then you can get swirls just by the dirt under the sponge as you are washing.

It looked really impressive on the TV demo but then I guess it is designed to look impressive under the use of the sales guy.

Will tentatively use it on an inconspicuous area when I receive it.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Members

Hi, I frequently use the Proshine Spray & Shine along with the rest of the Proshine range from www.netparts.co.uk They supply a large range of excellent car care products. Check out their customers reviews on Spray & Shine they are all listed on their site. Its an amazing product and I will always be using Proshine from now on. You can also see products on www.proshine.tv
Old 03-06-2008, 02:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by 525dse' post='387709
+1

This stuff probably will strip off your wax, and creating swirls. :thumbsdown: