5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Detailing Forum (https://5series.net/forums/detailing-forum-15/)
-   -   Preparing for winter (https://5series.net/forums/detailing-forum-15/preparing-winter-17468/)

BetterMakeWay 10-25-2005 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by 545i now' date='Oct 23 2005, 09:11 PM
Yeah, we're preparing too. Sunroof only open mid day. Sorry guys, but So.Cal is just the best.................Even today with overcast skies, light mist all day.I feel very fortunate to be living in a wonderful climate.

I did make sure tires inflated? correctly today, and did a 2 step wax:Zaino Polish then yellow carnuba. Car looks great. Lucky to have a big garage to work in.

Set up the Halloween decorations, have a new skeleton sticking up in the front lawn, plus the usual pumpkins, spider webs, etc.

Tough to really appreciate what many of you are gearing up for.
[snapback]187805[/snapback]

You are so lucky, although snow has it's charms i prefere also sunny days but not too hot.
The only disadvantage is that from time to time te coast of US is struck either by massive storms, hurricanes or tornados... :nono:

Member545 10-25-2005 03:39 AM

I recommend the BMW winter mats, and snows of course.

NC530i 10-25-2005 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' date='Oct 25 2005, 04:28 AM
[quote name='545i now' date='Oct 23 2005, 09:11 PM']Yeah, we're preparing too. Sunroof only open mid day. Sorry guys, but So.Cal is just the best.................Even today with overcast skies, light mist all day.I feel very fortunate to be living in a wonderful climate.

I did make sure tires inflated? correctly today, and did a 2 step wax:Zaino Polish then yellow carnuba. Car looks great. Lucky to have a big garage to work in.

Set up the Halloween decorations, have a new skeleton sticking up in the front lawn, plus the usual pumpkins, spider webs, etc.

You are so lucky, although snow has it's charms i prefere also sunny days but not too hot.
The only disadvantage is that from time to time te coast of US is struck either by massive storms, hurricanes or tornados... :nono:
[snapback]188345[/snapback]
[/quote]
Having spent much of my life in S. California, I can report that they don't see storms, hurricanes, or tornados in San Diego (Hurricanes hit East Coast and Tornadoes are in Midwest). Even Earthquakes don't seem to bother San Diego too much because of location of the San Andreas Fault. Area around San Diego might see some forest fires, I guess. Nope, no real downside to living in San Diego...except maybe the cost of living.

katheikia 10-25-2005 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by 545i now' date='Oct 23 2005, 10:11 PM
Yeah, we're preparing too. Sunroof only open mid day. Sorry guys, but So.Cal is just the best.................Even today with overcast skies, light mist all day.I feel very fortunate to be living in a wonderful climate.

Wow how much does the sun cost there? I will buy an extra x5 or two, with the money I save by living on the east coast. I think living here is great, true 4 seasons, and santa seems to be happy not wearing shorts on the 25th. :lol:

znod 10-25-2005 09:01 AM

I am going to turn my AC off soon. And, I'll keep my car in the garage as much as possible like I do in the summer. ~{;^)

BetterMakeWay 10-25-2005 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by NC530i' date='Oct 25 2005, 07:29 AM
[quote name='BetterMakeWay' date='Oct 25 2005, 04:28 AM'][quote name='545i now' date='Oct 23 2005, 09:11 PM']Yeah, we're preparing too. Sunroof only open mid day. Sorry guys, but So.Cal is just the best.................Even today with overcast skies, light mist all day.I feel very fortunate to be living in a wonderful climate.

[snapback]188345[/snapback]
[/quote]
Having spent much of my life in S. California, I can report that they don't see storms, hurricanes, or tornados in San Diego (Hurricanes hit East Coast and Tornadoes are in Midwest). Even Earthquakes don't seem to bother San Diego too much because of location of the San Andreas Fault. Area around San Diego might see some forest fires, I guess. Nope, no real downside to living in San Diego...except maybe the cost of living.
[snapback]188373[/snapback]
[/quote]
Ok...i belive you ;) You know things better than i do!

EBMCS03 10-25-2005 05:17 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by NC530i' date='Oct 25 2005, 05:29 AM
Area around San Diego might see some forest fires, I guess.

Hahah I was going to say... I was freaken locked up in my apt with the windows closed for 4 days during that fire! Walked outside for 3 mins and you can feel it in your lungs... Raining ashes... thats how bad it was.

Attachment 11770

All these fires were burning at once...

Attachment 11771

This is the view you get at 3 pm in the afternoon

Attachment 11772

You can see... its clear out to sea but BLACK inland.

Attachment 11773

znod 10-25-2005 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Oct 25 2005, 08:17 PM
[quote name='NC530i' date='Oct 25 2005, 05:29 AM']Area around San Diego might see some forest fires, I guess.

Hahah I was going to say... I was freaken locked up in my apt with the windows closed for 4 days during that fire! Walked outside for 3 mins and you can feel it in your lungs... Raining ashes... thats how bad it was.

[snapback]188651[/snapback]
[/quote]
Nothing can go wrong in Phoenix. Well, OK, we have the largest nuclear power plant in the US, forrest fires, and, like the rest of the west, water is not a gimmie. But, SD also has a polluted ocean. ~{;^) OK, and some would say it gets hot in Phoenix. The SD weather definitely is much nicer in the summer. I like SD a lot.

550i now 10-25-2005 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Oct 25 2005, 06:17 PM
[quote name='NC530i' date='Oct 25 2005, 05:29 AM']Area around San Diego might see some forest fires, I guess.

Attachment 11770

Attachment 11771

Attachment 11772

Attachment 11773
[snapback]188651[/snapback]
[/quote]
Remember this well. I've been through quite a few area fires, but one never got closer to me than the Scripps Ranch fire set by the "lost" hunter 2 years ago. We had ash on everything. It took months and several power washings of exposed surfaces to get rid of the remnants. I had friends/acquaintances/clients lose everything.

That being said, I cant imagine a finer place for overall quality of life balance to live that here in San Diego, especially along the coast. :wub: :thumbsup: I'm in Carmel Valley/Del Mar.

EBMCS03 10-25-2005 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by 545i now' date='Oct 25 2005, 07:24 PM
That being said, I cant imagine a finer place for overall quality of life balance to live that here in San Diego, especially along the coast. :wub:? :thumbsup:? I'm in Carmel Valley/Del Mar.
[snapback]188674[/snapback]

I agree! SD life was awesome! Miss it a lot. I was in La Jolla for about 5 years of my life.